IK Amplitube 5 Updated to 5.4.0

cclarry

22 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Ok, unfortunately the CPU behavior is still there. Here is the difference in CPU usage between version 5.0.3 and 5.4.0 on my PC. This is by just starting the standalone version with the default preset and giving it time to stabilize.

5.0.3 - 2%

5.4.0 - 4.5%

If I do the routing switch thing, click on the two amp routing and back to the single amp routing, the CPU usage for 5.4.0 goes down to a little less than 3%. Same behavior as with all versions after 5.0.3.

i will try this on my setup. my processors are old Intel Xeons

6 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

The world is not fair! You are drowning in sunlight and nice weather and your IK problems are gone like...snow in the sun.

Where for me, I'm having the same UNO Drum issues as I had with my old PC. Support wasted a little bit of my time not reading my ticket thoroughly that I'm working in Ableton and wanting the UNO working with the VST and over MIDI/USB instead of just MIDI. Now I didn't have a lot of time the last few days to follow up on their suggestions, so I'm wasting time as well.

And now I know the cause! Because this is what I woke up to this morning:

IMG-20220401-WA0000-20220401-112607351.thumb.jpeg.25fb68bc5930431b4f35cb2b771fc881.jpeg

And the view from my work is not bad either:

IMG-20220401-WA0006-20220401-112606521.thumb.jpeg.b00030f6f3fafd59c55f3a108edf6c14.jpeg

I think I'm staying in this weekend to troubleshoot. Except for a nice local blues festival this sunday.

Brrrrr. What's amazing about Arcachon is that we're at the same latitude as Boston, but had no snow this winter, and only one or two days where the windchill dropped all the way to -1.. Celsius. About +30 Fahrenheit. Nice winter!

A couple of areas up north along the English channel could get 5-10 cm of snow today. Just some cold wind from the north here.

Edited by John Maar

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Note that many login / error 103 issues are resolved by de-authorizing/re-authorizing AmpliTube 5 instead of needing a full reinstall.  That should help most folks, if not then support will be able to assist. Thanks!

Then I would waste one of my authorizations.  Gee wiz, I only have 8 left! 😁

Edited by jesse g
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Then I would waste one of my authorizations.  Gee wiz, I only have 8 left! 😁

Last time I had to de-authorize/authorize, I did not lose any authorizations.  Once de-authorized, count went up, then when I re-authorized, the count went back to what it was (would be 8 in your case).

Just did it and the count went from 8 to 9, then back to 8 (after re-authorization)

Syphus

Edited by Syphus
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:36 AM, Jacques Boileau said:

Ok, unfortunately the CPU behavior is still there. Here is the difference in CPU usage between version 5.0.3 and 5.4.0 on my PC. This is by just starting the standalone version with the default preset and giving it time to stabilize.

5.0.3 - 2%

5.4.0 - 4.5%

If I do the routing switch thing, click on the two amp routing and back to the single amp routing, the CPU usage for 5.4.0 goes down to a little less than 3%. Same behavior as with all versions after 5.0.3.

Oh man, thanks for this! AT5 was using about 3-4% CPU on REAPER and now is down to 1%... I was about to sell it because of it.

• Like 2

Almost forgot to report back as promised!

IK Support did answer me back with the following:

'Thanks, this is a known issue and the dev team are looking at various way to optimize the code. If you are having heavy CPU loads then you may want to use the Freeze track functions.'

They are aware of the problem, that part I already knew, and still working on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/1/2022 at 2:59 PM, Syphus said:

I did not try the Tonenet yet , but I did notice that once I update Amplitube 5, I lost all my "Favorites" I had set.  Fortunately, there was not a lot, but still annoying.

@Peter - IK Multimedia - is there a way to save/preserve my favorites?

Syphus

I'm not sure what caused that so I'd recommend consulting IK Support to see if they have any better suggestions to get your favorites back.

1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'm not sure what caused that so I'd recommend consulting IK Support to see if they have any better suggestions to get your favorites back.

I'll give them a try and see what they say. - thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello. So I finally managed to find time to upgrade to 5.4.0.x.

Ampitube 5 seems to load faster than before. But I can confirm, I am seeing a similar behavior in CPU as others have mentioned on the thread . I tried it in both  stand alone as well as within the DAW. Basically, clicking the double amp and then going back to single seems to bring down the CPU usage by a bit. I am running on Windows 10.x on a slightly older Intel Xeon processor.

But for most part, have not run into issues with the application thus far and I tried some of my projects in the DAW and the settings are still intact, so that's more important for me.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2