IK Amplitube 5 Updated to 5.4.0

cclarry

It's the same except for the addition of the "Tonenet" option, which apparently doesn't work...
because even though I've created an account and logged in, Tonenet keeps telling me I'm not,
and won't load anything...another stellar roll out!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

Changes from version 5.3.0:

Introducing ToneNET preset sharing community*

Added Apple M1 support

Added CPU optimization for MESA Boogie 2 Collection models

Fixed potential crash with Vibratone aux cabinets

Fixed GUI issues related to T-REX Mudhoney

*Please Note: To access ToneNET, please register a valid ToneNET account first. For more info, visit www.tone.net

M1 support.  Yes, finally!

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 1

Ok, unfortunately the CPU behavior is still there. Here is the difference in CPU usage between version 5.0.3 and 5.4.0 on my PC. This is by just starting the standalone version with the default preset and giving it time to stabilize.

5.0.3 - 2%

5.4.0 - 4.5%

If I do the routing switch thing, click on the two amp routing and back to the single amp routing, the CPU usage for 5.4.0 goes down to a little less than 3%. Same behavior as with all versions after 5.0.3.

• Thanks 8

Hey Peter (I know you’re out there😁) Any idea when this CPU issue is going to be addressed? It’s definitely been awhile now, and I’m getting the feeling that a lot more attention is going toward new offerings than fixing the old ones.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Hey Peter (I know you’re out there😁) Any idea when this CPU issue is going to be addressed? It’s definitely been awhile now, and I’m getting the feeling that a lot more attention is going toward new offerings than fixing the old ones.

Please reply to your support ticket, there were CPU fixes in this update so if you are experiencing other CPU issues they would know the status of those.

Also please heed this note, and if it is unclear it means that you cannot log on to ToneNET with your IK username/password you must go through the wizard to set up your ToneNET account.  Similar to our forum, it is connected but requires additional information and such so there's a short wizard to go through before you can access ToneNET.

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Please reply to your support ticket, there were CPU fixes in this update so if you are experiencing other CPU issues they would know the status of those.

I don't know if @LAGinz has a ticket open for this since I was the instigator of the CPU problem back in September. So, I just did respond to my ticket and will post any answer I get.

But to be fair, I have had back and forth conversation on this through the ticket for over 6 months now. I know you have also chimed in to support on my behalf. Thanks! But it has been a looong time and there have been quite a few releases in the past 6 months. The problem is still the same and easily reproducible in 5.4.0. Please don't blame me for being a tad discouraged. I probably spent more hours researching and documenting the problem for IK than would be required to fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Also please heed this note, and if it is unclear it means that you cannot log on to ToneNET with your IK username/password you must go through the wizard to set up your ToneNET account.  Similar to our forum, it is connected but requires additional information and such so there's a short wizard to go through before you can access ToneNET.

Not sure what you mean. I clicked on the ToneNET link in the v5.4.0 update, which opened a Chrome window and took me to a page where I created a ToneNET alias for my IKM account. Back in AT5, all I get is the 103 error. When I click on the globe icon to the right of the big ToneNET button, I'm taken to an IKM ToneNET web page that shows me logged in with the alias I created. The initial wizard you refer to is no longer available in AT5, so I'm stuck.

34 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Not sure what you mean. I clicked on the ToneNET link in the v5.4.0 update, which opened a Chrome window and took me to a page where I created a ToneNET alias for my IKM account. Back in AT5, all I get is the 103 error. When I click on the globe icon to the right of the big ToneNET button, I'm taken to an IKM ToneNET web page that shows me logged in with the alias I created. The initial wizard you refer to is no longer available in AT5, so I'm stuck.

I was having the same problem. When I clicked on the globe, it took me to my tonenet account and I could see all 849 presets in the web browser, but Amp5 still gave me a 103 error. So I fired up the product manager and reauthorized Amp5. Then when I loaded Amp5 and clicked in tonenet, it finally connected and downloaded the preset list. Not sure if reauthorizing was what fixed the problem but it is worth a try.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

I did some more clicking around, shut down AT5,  walked my dogs for an hour along the bay down by Le Moulleau, came back and voila!, there was ToneNET working in AT5. Must have been the dog walk. 😅 Loving France, still working on my feelings for IKM. 🤪

le-moulleau-arcachonfrance-R8551N.jpg

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, John Maar said:

I did some more clicking around, shut down AT5,  walked my dogs for an hour along the bay down by Le Moulleau, came back and voila!, there was ToneNET working in AT5. Must have been the dog walk. 😅 Loving France, still working on my feelings for IKM. 🤪

le-moulleau-arcachonfrance-R8551N.jpg

The world is not fair! You are drowning in sunlight and nice weather and your IK problems are gone like...snow in the sun.

Where for me, I'm having the same UNO Drum issues as I had with my old PC. Support wasted a little bit of my time not reading my ticket thoroughly that I'm working in Ableton and wanting the UNO working with the VST and over MIDI/USB instead of just MIDI. Now I didn't have a lot of time the last few days to follow up on their suggestions, so I'm wasting time as well.

And now I know the cause! Because this is what I woke up to this morning:

IMG-20220401-WA0000-20220401-112607351.thumb.jpeg.25fb68bc5930431b4f35cb2b771fc881.jpeg

And the view from my work is not bad either:

IMG-20220401-WA0006-20220401-112606521.thumb.jpeg.b00030f6f3fafd59c55f3a108edf6c14.jpeg

I think I'm staying in this weekend to troubleshoot. Except for a nice local blues festival this sunday.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 7:21 AM, cclarry said:

It's the same except for the addition of the "Tonenet" option, which apparently doesn't work...
because even though I've created an account and logged in, Tonenet keeps telling me I'm not,
and won't load anything...another stellar roll out!

yup. i have not been able to get tonenet to work for me either. i can never login. it keeps rejecting me.

• Like 1