Some fun stuff for ya!

craigb

2 hours ago, sarine said:

That would be 100 seconds.

Sorry. I had to. It's not a choice.

Of course I also had to look it up... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiffy_(time)

Clearly it's some kind of imperial unit.

Well, you DID fake me out and make me check out that link!  (Which confirms a jiffy is  usually 1/100th of a second, not 100 seconds, though there are some other less-than-a-second uses.)

Not that it's much better than Wikicrap, HERE is another link with similar info. 🙂

@Bapu,

I've purchased the same plugin twice. The LA2A thing Cakewalk did. They eventually sold it for use in other DAWs. I bought it thinking there was some difference.

I even tried diffing it with the original. LOL

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, craigb said:

Well, you DID fake me out and make me check out that link!  (Which confirms a jiffy is  usually 1/100th of a second, not 100 seconds, though there are some other less-than-a-second uses.)

Not that it's much better than Wikicrap, HERE is another link with similar info. 🙂

"Usually" is not a word that the OP used (in contrast, "actual" was).

Also, for me it confirms what seems to be horrible abuse of math/language. No wonder people find math confusing after all the obfuscating.

A 100th = a hundredth = a percent = 1 per cent = 1 per 100 = 1 / 100

The "th", "per" and "/" here all indicate that we're dealing with a fraction.

The fractions are nested, and dividing by divisor is the same as multiplying by its reciprocal, i.e.;

A / B = A / (B / 1) = A * (1 / B)

and if we replace B with (B / C) thus; 

A / (B / C) = A * (C / B) = AC / B

we can already see that if either A=B or C=B, the factors cancel each other out, and because B=1 is implicit in "th", we assign A=1, B=1, C=100; and find that B=A, so we can write;

A / (A / C) = A * (C / A) = AC / A = C

Or, because; nⁱ = 1 / n⁻ⁱ ; we can write;

p / (1 / n)

= p / n⁻¹

= (n⁻¹ / p)⁻¹

which in our special case of p=1;

= (n⁻¹ / 1)⁻¹

= (n⁻¹)⁻¹

= n¹

= n

or more generally;

(n⁻¹ / p)⁻¹

= n / p⁻¹

In other words:

This is 1 of anything: 1.png.1e8934b50f685747219f66448cf6fe38.png     This is a 100th of it: 100th.png.13c5b5ac090bae133e5daab9acf009d0.png

"How many times does the latter go into former" is the answer to "How much is 1/100th of itself".

Something divided by a hundredth of itself is, unsurprisingly, one hundred.

◻ Quod erat deobfuscateraendum.

Well, Jiffy used to be peanut butter, but we're now realizing that was on a different timeline (causing the so-called Mandela Effect).  It's called "Jif" in this timeline.

aK5ef3UKi0dl_joP4cXedOI0-sf_Tc9WpMxMHhAp

0005150024177_1_A1C1_0600.png

If it was still called Jiffy and you had some, would you like seconds then? 😁