Hihat has the wrong sound

On my edrum kit I have plugged into cake walk.  I'm using the superior drummer add on.  All the drum components for example snare, tons and kick work fine except the hihat.  When I close the hihat pedal it makes a snare sound.  What can I do to solve this? 

34 minutes ago, Chris Golden said:

In my cakewalk daw

No doubt.

The main menu Process > Transpose was not part of my original reply.

Here is the documentation about that feature.

It only becomes active when MIDI data is selected. But I would not use it in this case.

If I needed to reassign note values of some part of an e-drum kit my first choice would be the hardware itself. Then knowing the target was Superior Drummer 3, that would be my second choice. Finally, the DAW can remap notes too using the methods I linked above.

It would be helpfull to know what brand the Drums were. Not all use standard GM sounds. And some like the better Roland kits definatly need a drum map to pair up with any VST's. 

You either use a drum map inside Cakewalk or re assign the triggers in the drum brain. 

In my Yamaha's set up I can easily re assign triggers. I actually changed my Hi Hat pedal to a COWBELL!  The pedal is a bit of a POS so I can't use it anyways, it sends false triggers. I just manually add open Hi Hats in PVR.  

Edited by John Vere