Arturia V Collection 8 Deal

smallstonefan

I don't know if this is available for everyone but I just got an email with the best upgrade pricing I've been offered on v Collection 8. 

I've always thought about this collection but never really wanted it bad enough. This was a price I could not pass up.

Thanks for the FYI James. I have a product called Analog V (see pic).  No generation number is selected.I checked out the email and I qualify for the deal.

I was playing with Analog V and it has lots of settings for all of the major hardware synths. Do you know what improvements upgrading would add if any?

av.JPG

1 hour ago, ALC said:

I have Analog Lab 4 (which got upgraded to V).  

My "SPECIAL OFFER Crossgrade to V Collection 8" is for $249.

This was the offer I had, but my V collection is pretty extensive. I wish Arturia would be more specific in helping to identify which version we have.

As it stands I'm pretty content with what I have. I just don't know what it is. 

4 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Thanks for the FYI James. I have a product called Analog V (see pic).  No generation number is selected.I checked out the email and I qualify for the deal.

I was playing with Analog V and it has lots of settings for all of the major hardware synths. Do you know what improvements upgrading would add if any?

av.JPG

You have Analog Lab V (V as in version 5).

V (as in virtual) Collection 8 is a complete product that includes Analog Lab V plus the full suite of 38 28 software instruments that are represented by Analog Lab presets. You also get more presets in the full collection.

The Analog Lab is an excellent preset browser & player only (fine for many folks), but if you own the full software instruments you will be able to open the full emulated synth interfaces for parameter editing, as well as create and save your own presets. Analog Lab still makes a very useful front end for browsing the collection, and even allows you to layer 2 synths in a multi preset.

Edit: made typo when typing 28 instruments. Fixed!

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @abacab

I guess I should have figured out the 'V' was 5...so does that make V8 version 58? 🤔..Again thank you.

I like the sounds I have in version 5.  I have a load of synths in this version. I was slightly surprised there were more to add.

I have the full version of IK  Syntronic which is a close runner. I also have Roland hardware. The Moog is my main thing in the collection. I guess we all probably have lots of synths hanging out on the deals forum.  I also remembered I have the UVI Synth Anthology.

If my update was 99.00 I would probably go for it still.

14 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Thanks @abacab

I guess I should have figured out the 'V' was 5...so does that make V8 version 58? 🤔..Again thank you.

I like the sounds I have in version 5.  I have a load of synths in this version. I was slightly surprised there were more to add.

I have the full version of IK  Syntronic which is a close runner. I also have Roland hardware. The Moog is my main thing in the collection. I guess we all probably have lots of synths hanging out on the deals forum.  I also remembered I have the UVI Synth Anthology.

If my update was 99.00 I would probably go for it still.

The V Collection's biggest difference with IK Syntronik and UVI (I also have Syntronik Deluxe and UVI Digital Synsations) is that the Arturia Synths are modeled emulations with detailed original synth front panels and parameter controls. Not sample based clones with fake one-size-fits-all unrealistic UI panels. And since they are modeled, the synths have a relatively small disk footprint and the presets load almost instantly.

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/details

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Upgrade to the V Collection 8 and get all our 27 keyboard recreations in their latest versions

50 minutes ago, abacab said:

V (as in virtual) Collection 8 is a complete product that includes Analog Lab V plus the full suite of 38 software instruments that are represented by Analog Lab presets. You also get more presets in the full collection.

Wish it was clearer!  My upgrade offer is $249 and I already have Analog 4 & V as well as sundry bits & packs.

The V Collection site shows 28 included instruments:

Arturia.thumb.JPG.aca17ffc381b670e34b1b6db75d2e768.JPG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Wish it was clearer!  My upgrade offer is $249 and I already have Analog 4 & V as well as sundry bits & packs.

The V Collection site shows 28 included instruments:

Arturia.thumb.JPG.aca17ffc381b670e34b1b6db75d2e768.JPG

It is 28 instruments. I meant to type that above but my keyboard inserted 38 instead. Fixed! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olong Johnson said:

How much? I upgraded last September for $149 US.

For me it was $149 and I only had Analog Lab and perhaps one other synth. I've watched the sales and felt this was a good one for me.

I need some time now - I've purchased so many instruments in the last 30 days I haven't had a chance to try them all yet. Having a dropbox issue that caused me a week of work took some of that time. I've purchased some great orchestral libraries and I'm enjoying learning to compose for an orchestra.

I don't need these at the moment but I have no doubt they will come in handy.

At some point I'd like to duplicate this experiment:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, abacab said:

The V Collection's biggest difference with IK Syntronik and UVI (I also have Syntronik Deluxe and UVI Digital Synsations) is that the Arturia Synths are modeled emulations with detailed original synth front panels and parameter controls. Not sample based clones with fake one-size-fits-all unrealistic UI panels. And since they are modeled, the synths have a relatively small disk footprint and the presets load almost instantly.

I'll admit I am impressed with modeled instruments and don't understand why the tech all went mostly to sample libraries. Think of all the hard drive space we would save if there were more modeled instruments. 

I can't comment on all of the emulations offered in the collection as to accuracy. I believe Arturia went to great lengths to get these as close as possible, in many cases offering additions the originals don't have. I also realize no emulation is perfect.

Dave did a review of the B3-V organ which I found interesting HERE . As a direct emulation it isn't exactly exact :)  This peeked my interest because at the time I was looking for a B3 and had been eyeing the IK B3 X . At the time I thought it was too expensive so I waited until it went on sale and bought it. Dave reviews that organ HERE. I take his reviews seriously because he has actually played a real  B3. I haven't. My take away was B3-V was less real than IK B3 X. 

For me, I'm not as personally concerned about authenticity as long as it works for what I'm doing, it sounds good, and I like it.

When you consider my price of 249.00 for an entire collection of keyboards that are probably so close no one will know compared to the IK B3 X which was retailing at 299.00 when it came out, I picked it up for something like 60.00 with my IK credits. STILL, in comparison to something like the Korg Triton as a VSTi for 249.00 in the Korg shop, this really is a pretty sweet deal if I can open and play with settings similar to the real keyboards.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has played the other keyboards to see how much like the originals they are. Probably wouldn't sway me one way or the other. Just curious.

11 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I'll admit I am impressed with modeled instruments and don't understand why the tech all went mostly to sample libraries. Think of all the hard drive space we would save if there were more modeled instruments. 

I can't comment on all of the emulations offered in the collection as to accuracy. I believe Arturia went to great lengths to get these as close as possible, in many cases offering additions the originals don't have. I also realize no emulation is perfect.

Dave did a review of the B3-V organ which I found interesting HERE . As a direct emulation it isn't exactly exact :)  This peeked my interest because at the time I was looking for a B3 and had been eyeing the IK B3 X . At the time I thought it was too expensive so I waited until it went on sale and bought it. Dave reviews that organ HERE. I take his reviews seriously because he has actually played a real  B3. I haven't. My take away was B3-V was less real than IK B3 X. 

For me, I'm not as personally concerned about authenticity as long as it works for what I'm doing, it sounds good, and I like it.

When you consider my price of 249.00 for an entire collection of keyboards that are probably so close no one will know compared to the IK B3 X which was retailing at 299.00 when it came out, I picked it up for something like 60.00 with my IK credits. STILL, in comparison to something like the Korg Triton as a VSTi for 249.00 in the Korg shop, this really is a pretty sweet deal if I can open and play with settings similar to the real keyboards.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has played the other keyboards to see how much like the originals they are. Probably wouldn't sway me one way or the other. Just curious.

Agree that no emulation will ever be perfect. Arturia did go to great lengths to get them close, and added a few new things where software made it possible to improve on ease of use over the original hardware. I have never played the originals except for the Casio CZ (which I still have), so I cannot compare them except to recordings made with them over the years, and to my ears they are close enough for anything I am doing. Plus the detailed graphics are inspiring!

I think that the most contested emulations per the so-called purists are probably the Moog Mini and ARP 2600. Plenty of words spilled on these over at KVR, as there are clones from several developers to compare them to. But I don't pay them much attention. These sound good to me, which is what matters most.

I also picked up the IK modeled Hammond B-3X in a IK Total Studio Max crossgrade a couple of years ago. That one is authorized by the Hammond factory, so I believe it sounds authentic. I would probably give it a slight edge over Arturia's, but not by a lot. So now I have both and probably won't mess with Arturia's version much, but it did come with the bundle. So at $249, you are getting 28 instruments for about $8.90 each. So for that price it's ok not to use them all! :)

I also got the entire KORG Collection 3 (10 classic synths) for a cheap upgrade from KORG M1-LE, that includes the Triton and Triton Extreme. That collection is also a nice mix of classic analog and digital synths. Who better to model the original circuitry than KORG itself? Though just as with Arturia, it's best to buy the bundle rather than a la carte.

• Like 3