[ UPDATE ] Audio outs not routing to hardware

sadicus

[ UPDATE ]
digging around the computer guts found Ye Olde Control Panel and "44.1kHz" was off.
Turning it on now allows for Firefox to be routed to the MOTU hardware main out, only now it's at chipmunk speed.
Somehow this use to not be an issue, but it looks like it will need to be setup manualy each time I switch from Cbb to a browser video.
there is not a 2 channel 24bit / 48 Hz option.
Is this a win10 or MOTU driver issue?

at least matching the 48Hz pitch sounds correct.

Not a specific issue with Cakewalk, in fact the Audio routes correctly from MOTU to the monitor and to Cbb. If routing is changed from monitor to MOTU Main Outs 1/2
All other audio, from firefox to audio players are not routing through MOTOU, there is no signal reaching the device at all.
same hardware setup for years, I did not purposly change any settings, is this a win10 update issue any one else deals with?

Device Manager shows everything is working as expected, and this all worked a month ago.

win10 Sound Mixer -> MOTU Main Outs 1/2 = FAIL (only works in Cbb, audio plays as expected)
win10 Sound Mixer -> MONITOR = WORKING

ultralite mk3 Hybrid

MOTUwin.jpg

Audio_MOTU_44_Firefox2.jpg

Audio_MOTU_44_Firefox1.jpg

Audio_MOTU_44_Firefox3.jpg

Edited by sadicus
UPDATE

Possibly the option to have CW release the driver when not in focus has become unchecked....?

Preferences > Audio Playback and Recording > Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk is Not in Focus

FWIW, I don't let Windows use my MOTU drivers. I leave onboard sound enabled for use by Windows and generic multimedia apps and route the soundcard audio to my studio monitors using an external mixer.  I have found this to be the least problematic setup over the years.

• Like 1

I use headphones when using CBB and sometimes want Browser audio to route to them, great when using Cbb and online tutorials etc.
The issue is it's not sending signal out to the device at all when set to default and close / reopen the browser. I've done this for years and not sure what changed.
I should be able to have a signal playing, switch to any other out source and hear it.

Just tested:
Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk is Not in Focus = on / off
(it was off)

Cakewalk is signal is routing thru MOTU as expected, but the browser (or any other app) is not.

Cbb_MOTUAudio1.jpg

Cbb_MOTUAudio.jpg

So is Cakewalk set to WDM driver mode? Normally I would recommend ASIO mode for a MOTU interface, but ASIO does not natively support driver sharing and the  Cakewalk audio engine would need to be suspended to hear another application. If you've recently changed to ASIO driver mode, that would explain sudden appearance of a problem.

I've used ASIO mode with at least 5 different audio interfaces and I've never had a issue with playing movies etc, Only bugaboo is if the sample rate changes but now I use 48hz and I find less issues even there. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1