PC2A prochannel module thumbnail icon not appearing (SOLVED)

Lost Phases

I opened my prochannel menu today to add a module in a track and noticed that only the PC2A Leveling Amplifier module icon was missing, i clicked on the module and it loads and works perfectly without any issues. I thought i might have deleted the thumbnail icon file by mistake so went to my "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier\Resources" directory but the thumbnail icon file (PC2ALeveler_Thumbnail.bmp) seems to be there. I restarted Cakewalk and my pc but the thumbnail icon doesnt seems to be appearing within Cakewalk anymore. Can someone help me to restore the icon without performing a reinstall, i just reinstalled Cakewalk 2 days ago 😕.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 151519.jpg

Edited by In A Week

2 hours ago, Jorge Arias said:

I had the same problem, the only thing I can contribute is that it has to do with the content of the folder VSTBitmapCache. you can access it by running %appdata% and then selecting the cakewalk folder and then VSTBitmapCache. there are the icons.

Yah, i understand that it was that folder, unfortunately that folder is empty now after the reinstall, idk what is happening during the reinstall, i have all both antivirus and firewall disabled while running the web-installer and installing Cakewalk.

Can you pls share the contents of the VSTBitmapCache folder maybe? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Cakewalk like 5 times today trying to get this fixed, maybe if i just put those files back to where they should be the issue with displaying them within Cakewalk will get fixed.

Edited by In A Week

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

What I'm seeing in appdata is individual folders for each thumbnail.png and standin.png.
In the "resources" folder the graphics are thumbnail.bmp

t

Yes, when i uninstalled Cakewalk i deleted the thumbnail.png and standin.png files that were present in those individual folders in Appdata, and i don't know why they didn't get installed again after i reinstalled Cakewalk, so now ig bcoz those files are missing in Appdata the thumbnail icons are not being displayed within Cakewalk.

Edited by In A Week

4 hours ago, In A Week said:

Yah, i understand that it was that folder, unfortunately that folder is empty now after the reinstall, idk what is happening during the reinstall, i have all both antivirus and firewall disabled while running the web-installer and installing Cakewalk.

Can you pls share the contents of the VSTBitmapCache folder maybe? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Cakewalk like 5 times today trying to get this fixed, maybe if i just put those files back to where they should be the issue with displaying them within Cakewalk will get fixed.

Here you are

Cakewalk.rar

10 hours ago, Jorge Arias said:

Well, placing them in the VSTBitmapCache directory didn't help too.
I finally gave in and did a complete fresh install of Cakewalk and all it's addons this morning. Took me about two hours to download and install everything again and restore all my user settings in Cakewalk as much as i could...but it did fix the issue with the prochannel module thumbnails.
Thanks anyways for helping out :)

Edited by In A Week
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello, sorry for the reply after a year.

I had the same problem as you. And it doesn't work even if I cleanly install the Cakewalk.

As far as I can tell, this seems to be caused by a missing dll file in :\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier. And there are many people who have lost this dll, which I think is more likely the result of an installer error.

Until now, the cause of the problem has been found, but it has not been fixed yet.

If you are interested in this issue. Please click here.

Edited by Kinn2021