Melodic Guitar Exploration in D Minor

kennywtelejazz

Hi Guys ,

I will not rest until I get Crowned as The New King of the  Elevator  Guitar players ...( I'm only kidding or am I ...hhhmmmm ) 

Here is some smooth Bop inspired lines I played on my guitar over a laid back Twanger Central BT ...

I hope you fall asleep lol I mean I hope you enjoy my guitar playing and lines .

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 7

Just listened to the first 30 seconds or so and really nice.

BTW, love the tag you put on topic!! : ) LOL

Did you do the backing trk?

What guitar did you use?

(listening to it again. Nice. But only two minutes??)

Mic'd amp or straight into the box?

What kind of pick you using? Smooth attack.

I got lots more questions but that enough for now!!

On 6/8/2019 at 2:13 AM, Wookiee said:

@Kenny Wilson this is the best I can do 🤴 to crown you ;)  As always a real pleasure to hear you play.

Thank You Wookiee for the Crown . Now I can hide the thinning Gray Treeline  😂

I'm glad to be back into playing again . It is always a pleasure to interact with you . I hope all is well for you .

On 6/8/2019 at 4:58 AM, Grem said:

On 6/8/2019 at 4:58 AM, Grem said:

Did you do the backing trk?

The Backing track I played over

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response Kenny. I am going to make an assumption that the pick is on the small side, not a large pick, am I correct? 

And I am not familiar with that guitar. Looks Fenderish.

Where's that elevator?  I want to ride it to the top and back down again.  My first guitar teacher played this kind of jazz, but I could never master the style, myself.  For many years, Kansas City put on an annual jazz festival that I attended regularly.  I've heard many guitar players that didn't even come close to being this good.  Talent always rise to the top, I hear, and this is at the top of the mountain!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I enjoyed listening to your guitar playing - well done - excellent performance. What axe did you play on this?

He gave a picture of it in a post above, but I don't recognize it, other than it looking like an early Fender style. Maybe a Jaguar? I was thinking a Jazzmaster but I don't think it has enough buttons for that!

On 6/7/2019 at 10:46 PM, Kenny Wilson said:

Hi Guys ,

I will not rest until I get Crowned as The New King of the  Elevator  Guitar players ...( I'm only kidding or am I ...hhhmmmm ) 

Here is some smooth Bop inspired lines I played on my guitar over a laid back Twanger Central BT ...

I hope you fall asleep lol I mean I hope you enjoy my guitar playing and lines .

Kenny

On 6/9/2019 at 4:36 AM, SPAK said:

Pure talent . . . . Thanks for the share .. just loved it! 

Steve

Thank you for the kind word Steve ! I really do appreciate it.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:35 AM, Lynn said:

Where's that elevator?  I want to ride it to the top and back down again.  My first guitar teacher played this kind of jazz, but I could never master the style, myself.  For many years, Kansas City put on an annual jazz festival that I attended regularly.  I've heard many guitar players that didn't even come close to being this good.  Talent always rise to the top, I hear, and this is at the top of the mountain!

Hi Lynn,

I'm glad you liked what I played here .

I don't talk about it much these days , but there was a time when I was playing and jamming with some pretty heavy name Jazz Guitar players ...

It seems I was the runt of the litter in the NYC Jazz Guitar World .The players I was jamming and playing with were spanking my left and right butt cheeks clear off my body into oblivion every time I got together with them  .

Besides keeping up on the guitar , I had to learn how to sew my butt back on with a needle and thread . Eventually I got smart and just started using Velcro instead ... 

Thank you for the song listen and the kind word

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1