Melodic Guitar Exploration in D Minor

kennywtelejazz

On 6/10/2019 at 5:31 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Kenny,

Nice guitar playing, a pleasure to behold.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Hi Paul ,

I never know if my playing can reach someone and affect them positively unless I post an example of my playing .

In this case I'm glad I did .

Thank You very much for the kind words you said .

On 6/11/2019 at 6:18 AM, Grem said:

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

On 6/11/2019 at 7:51 AM, eric chevrier said:

hi kenney great chops love the sound your getting on the guitar awesome thanks eric

hi erwic , thanks man .

On 6/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, kakku said:

Great stuff. Sweet guitar line after sweet guitar line jazzes and mesmerizes me and the rest lucky ones who get a chance to listen to this

Hi kakku ,

I'm glad you like what I'm playing on the guitar with this tune .

Back in the day I knew how to play like this , the thing is it took a number of years for me to get here where I could do so effortlessly .

The main difference after all the time has passed is being able to play within a zone where I have a lot of extra chops on Tap ...

Thanks for the song listen .

Kenny

Nice playing Kenny! 

I spend all my time now jamming with my backing tracks. I don't get around to recording a full song anymore. For me the fun is in the playing 

Have fun with it too. Keep em' coming!

Edited by bayoubill
Mozart killed any chicken he heard say "BACH"
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 6:48 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

I always enjoy the ride when Pat Martino is in the elevator with me, nice job.

Shhhh don't tell anyone ,  A few of his licks may have made their way into this recording.

2 days before I recorded this tune I nicked every lick I could off Pat Martino's recording of The Great Stream ....

Thank you for the complement on my guitar playing . I have always Loved Pat Martino .

On 6/13/2019 at 10:32 AM, Grem said:

On 6/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, bayoubill said:

Nice playing Kenny! 

I spend all my time now jamming with my backing tracks. I don't get around to recording a full song anymore. For me the fun is in the playing 

Have fun with it too. Keep em' coming!

Hi Bill ,

I'm glad you got a chance to listen to this as I know you have a long history of playing  Jazz Guitar ..

Like you , I am all about the playing . I  spend a lot of my music time doing the same type of things you do.

I'm grateful you made it over here and took the time . BTW , I did enjoy your other post ...I thought it was funny .

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Kenny, I have transcriptions I got from Mike Steinel.  I knew him him when he had hair.  

Short phrases from Coltrane, Parker, Davis, Harrel he picked off over time.  They are short and pretty easy to put to use. They sound good to me over any style. If you'd like I could post some of them. Not all cuz there's about 50 pages. 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, bayoubill said:

Kenny, I have transcriptions I got from Mike Steinel.  I knew him him when he had hair.  

Short phrases from Coltrane, Parker, Davis, Harrel he picked off over time.  They are short and pretty easy to put to use. They sound good to me over any style. If you'd like I could post some of them. Not all cuz there's about 50 pages. 

Hi Bill,

Sounds interesting . I do a lot of short transcriptions over here myself ..I have yet to write then down ...

How would you go about sharing a few of the ones you have   ?  A playing Fred over at the Tutorial forum ?

I'm interested . thanks again for posting ...

On 6/15/2019 at 10:27 AM, Beagle said:

Hey Kennnnnnaaay!  nice stuff there, man.  loved the ending especially! always a pleasure!

Hello  Reece!

Thank you for the nice words you just said ...

Say we go back a long time . I appreciate seeing and hearing from you again .

all the best,

Kenny 

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1

Kenny, I suppose email clips would be easiest.  Nothing long or hard to learn or understand. Sonar makes it easy. They aren’t guitar lines which makes them sound unique. 

I just thought of something. I could record them on a backing track and send them as a sonar file so you can use them in sonar with different tempos and keys. I have to use additive drums  and soft synth bass lines though. Not a problem cuz I can play keyboards. I can put a lick on different tracks as dominate , min , maj , etc context so you can hear and experiment with them 

On 6/19/2019 at 12:53 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Kenny,

Absolutely beautiful, very tasty melodies and dynamite playing as always from you, and I really love that clean, creamy jazz tone!😀

Excellent stuff, Kenny, big thanks for sharing, brother!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

Thank you Bob for the kind word .

On 6/19/2019 at 9:28 PM, gtrpastor said:

Wow! Great guitar work. Tasty stuff. 

I think your tone is perfect for the song.

Sean

Thank you Sean , I'm happy you enjoyed my guitar playing and tone .

On 6/20/2019 at 2:09 AM, synkrotron said:

Nice work Kenny :D

Do you fancy "noodling" over a longer drone backing track? You would have to play a bit slower though........

Thanks for the listen synkrotron ,

Slower ? 🤣  

To find out, PM me w a private link of the tune

On 6/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, bayoubill said:

Kenny, I suppose email clips would be easiest.  Nothing long or hard to learn or understand. Sonar makes it easy. They aren’t guitar lines which makes them sound unique. 

I just thought of something. I could record them on a backing track and send them as a sonar file so you can use them in sonar with different tempos and keys. I have to use additive drums  and soft synth bass lines though. Not a problem cuz I can play keyboards. I can put a lick on different tracks as dominate , min , maj , etc context so you can hear and experiment with them 

PM sent

On 6/21/2019 at 6:40 AM, daryl1968 said:

bloody lovely Kenny

I like elevators :) (we call them lifts in the UK)

Thank You Daryl !

How I wish I could do some traveling someday and make it over to the UK .

all the best,

Kenny

7 minutes ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Thank you Bob for the kind word .

Thank you Sean , I'm happy you enjoyed my guitar playing and tone .

Thanks for the listen synkrotron ,

Slower ? 🤣  

To find out, PM me w a private link of the tune

PM sent

Thank You Daryl !

How I wish I could do some traveling someday and make it over to the UK .

all the best,

Kenny

I'll take you for a pint mate

• Like 1