Output issue with cakewalk regardless of driver

My laptop running windows 11 did an update a few days ago, and alot of the drivers got updated, including part of the audio driver(s). 

Ever since, I've had issues just opening any project in cakewalk. I get a message saying that the tracks and busses are assigned to silent hardware. On top of that, cakewalk keeps freezing when these messages pop up. I have tried every driver in the preferences menu and regardless, it keeps happening. I don't know if this is due to the update my computer did a few days ago. I rolled back the audio driver and it didn't seem to make a difference, at least in cakewalk. Any help is appreciated 

20220329_195550.jpg

Hi Michael,

That error message has nothing to do with driver mode or any update, but merely you have buses that are not assigned to an output.  In this instance you can assign all of the buses to the Master which then should be routed to your interfaces' output (your speakers).  If you don't have an interface, then the Master should be routed to your PC's sound card (speakers).

Kind regards,

tecknot

8 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi Michael,

That error message has nothing to do with driver mode or any update, but merely you have buses that are not assigned to an output.  In this instance you can assign all of the buses to the Master which then should be routed to your interfaces' output (your speakers).  If you don't have an interface, then the Master should be routed to your PC's sound card (speakers).

Kind regards,

tecknot

Thanks. Cakewalk is still freezing though once this message comes up. I can't even get to a point where I can assign these silent busses to an output. Even if I open a project that doesn't have silent busses, the audio keeps dropping out and cakewalk will eventually freeze

W11 working fine on my laptop (Soundcraft audio device) and on my desk top (Focusrite audio device). 

I did however re-install both sets of drivers after the upgrade from W10. I do this also after a major update. Couple of clicks, 2 minutes max and its done.

You don’t give many details about your set up - have you tried re-installing your audio devices latest drivers ?

J

• Like 1

DId you try opening Cakewalk in Safe mode?   Hold Shift. Here's a video. 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/31201-how-to-open-projects-in-safe-mode/

This video explains how to properly set up audio in Cakewalk,

https://youtu.be/JM8rKHQ9GIo

it's for W10 so I'm not sure if this new W11 update changed anything. I've ask this question just now in a new thread. 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/43336-question-audio-system-windows-11-users/

But I caan see in your screen shot your tracks are outputing directly to High Def Audio and not the Master, therefore the message.