CD Authoring program

Alan Tubbs

Yea, I know, but the only cD architect I could find was on Amazon.  It was officially from SONY, so that is good.  I just don't want to spend 112 US$ for a program I've had for 15 years.  My older computer died with the programs on it but I don't think they will authorize tho I have the serial and reg numbers (like Cakewalk used to authorize).

What would be another good program to assemble a CD and why and is it cheaper than $112?

You can assemble a CD using ImgBurn, which is free. But you will need to spend some time learning more than you probably want to know about how a music CD is organized, how to format and use a cue file etc. 

You may be able to activate your Sony CD Architect with help from Magix, who took over support and development from Sony if the new installation is unable to call home to the server it was programmed to contact.

Seems Magix has discontinued the CD Architect software. At least is not easy to find on the web site. I'm a registered user because I have Movie Maker and Sound Forge. If you have an older version it should still run fine on W10. I have lots of vintage music apps that were made for XP that still run. 

But I've always used Nero. Last time I paid $30 on sale. 

https://www.nero.com/eng/products/nero-burning-rom/?vlang=de

Yes, MAGIX dropped CDA some time ago.

While it was sold separately, it was also part of the SoundForge Pro bundle.

Once they integrated the CB burning into  SoundForge, CDA was discontinued.

As noted above, along with the purchase of Sony Creative Software, MAGIX acquired the customer data. So, legacy products may still be installed.

10 hours ago, Alan Tubbs said:

Sure, windows will burn a usb drive.  I did that after I burnt out the. Internal drive.

I do need a real authoring program for cds for disk makers replication.

thanks

For replication I wouldn't trust any cd burning software or drive unless I was able to check for C1/C2 errors first before sending it in. (I have an old Plextor w/ Plextools that works well.)

I would go for a DDP master & upload the files instead. (Like the Burn CD feature Studio One has this feature too.)

IIRC, it technically does but it does Track at Once burning rather than Disc at Once, so it's kind of iffy with compatibility with some players, it has gaps between tracks that are unavoidable, and doesn't do things like CD Text and that kind of thing. Great for a quick reference CD but not appropriate for any kind of commercial grade disc.

• Like 1