Amplesound Ample Bass 3 is here

cclarry

I cannot explain exactly what I do not like with the 3.x versions, but I have downgraded to the 2.x versions with what I feel more comfortable!

I don't like those inaccurate new controls on the main panel (reminds me of Facebook and Google) and I feel that they included too many things/functionality in the new version. I just need a guitar or bass Vsti, not an every purpose plugin, where I always have to check whether I have disabled all the superfluous stuff! IMHO they have overshot the mark considering instrument plugins for DAW use. To me it looks now more like a standalone play tool!

54 minutes ago, marled said:

I cannot explain exactly what I do not like with the 3.x versions, but I have downgraded to the 2.x versions with what I feel more comfortable!

I don't like those inaccurate new controls on the main panel (reminds me of Facebook and Google) and I feel that they included too many things/functionality in the new version. I just need a guitar or bass Vsti, not an every purpose plugin, where I always have to check whether I have disabled all the superfluous stuff! IMHO they have overshot the mark considering instrument plugins for DAW use. To me it looks now more like a standalone play tool!

Well, I can say I don't like very much the new virtual keyboard which replaced piano keyboard. That thing kind of 'modern' approach decrease in fact comfort of using what is used in real in music.   Just like fancy chess figures. They look funny and interesting at first glance but make chess unplayable.

So I stopped to upgrade and also using  ver2.

• Like 1

I love the V3 look - it's a real clean modern look!  And I like the functionality.    

Two other things to note:

1) When doing the bass upgrade, you have to also upgrade the library for each particular bass.  I don't recall having to do that with the previous acoustic guitar upgrades.

2) When you upgrade to V3, your V2 is still there for your use - they co-exist quite nicely.  So, if you have the room on your drive, you can keep both.   (Besides you might have older tunes that were using a V2 instrument, so that might be a good reason to keep the older V2 around.)

Downloaded and installed, version 2 & 3 happily co-existing. I am looking forward to seeing how they have improved Riffer and if its any better for writing your own patterns. I felt that it was not quite there once you got past the factory content, but maybe that's because I can't quite think like a bass player when it comes to string selection etc.