Changing metronome sound

Swaminathan S

Question

Hello,

Cakewalk's metronome sound is nice but i have a better one and i also kept those audio files in the right location...but in the list of default metronome sounds available in the metronome settings, my sounds aren't showing up.....pls let me know if u know what to do.....

Thank You

6 answers to this question

Yet another question that got my curiosity. 

I thought this would be simple. I went to the place I thought I'd find the metronome folder and it was there.   I changed the name of a file and opened Cakewalk and the sound I changed was still the same? I then did a search for Ping Hi and I was right in my guess. I found multiple file locations for the Metronome. 

514815139_Screenshot(362).png.482a1a19b83c78d91941396cf81c8482.png

I opened each one and Renamed the Beep with the folder location. Opened Cakewalk and found the correct folder. which was the most hidded one on the list. ( see #5)  Not sure why Cakewalk creates the other folders other than the fact I have Splat and X1 installed. But 7?? 

Probably yet another bit of old coding that never got deleted. 

I had to re start Cakewalk to get it to stick on the list. 

2004872368_Screenshot(363).png.9bfb538ec107617142b2f550f7bfe31f.png

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Hello,

I tried what @John Vere told me.....i placed the file there and the file name showed up in cakewalk also but i couldn't hear the metronome....the other default metronomes in cakewalk are audible......I noticed that even my file was wav just like the others @scook.....but the file size of mine was like 445kb and the others were just in double digit numbers.....could that be the problem or is it something else?

Regards,

Swaminathan

I don't think there would be a size limit. I just grabbed a MP3 file and edited it in Gold Wave to a 1.5 second snippet. I saved as a wave to the folder and loaded it as the metronome and it played just fine. How are you making your wave files and how long is it. It should be just a burst at 1 to 2 seconds. 

Screenshot (364).png