1 minute cue IS THIS IT?

DeeringAmps

• 8 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 8:22 AM, DeeringAmps said:

IS THIS IT?

Been in a bit of a creative funk for a bit.
I threw the backing track together with the aid of ToonTrack's Modern Pop bass, keys, and drum midi. There are some titling inconsistencies, but its not hard to figure out.
I guess I'd classify it as a "cue", or "bumper" maybe? (something I know nothing about)

It did have the intended result; I'm starting to "bond" with EZbass, getting a little more fluent with EZkeyes, learning to edit inside of SD3,
and it pushed me to write a quick solo (that wasn't a 12 bar blues) and tighten up my chops.
Is it "perfect"? Nope! At some point I'll go back and get the guitar part "right" and "massage" the midi a bit more.
For now I'm on to the next "cue".

We need a bit more interaction between the Songs Forum and the Deals Forum.
A lot of "bought it, installed it"; but very little "this is what I did with it".

So here's the tech info:
EZkeyes Modern Pop
EZbass  Modern Pop
SD3    Modern Pop Grooves
SofTube Marshall Silver Jubilee: '67 Classic (not sure I "love" this)
SofTube Celestion Speaker Shaper: 2 4 x 10 cabs with Celestion Blue and G12 Heritage, both with Alnico magnets. I think I've "bonded" with this one.
IKM's FAME Studio emulation; 3 instances of Studio A; Guitar (1), Keys (2) Drums and Bass (3).
Warren Huart has a pretty good tutorial on FAME here.
IKM's Lurssen Console (Pop Rock-more glue) on the Master Buss followed by fabfilter Pro-L2 set at +1.4, ceiling at 0.5dB
Scores 11.7 on LUFS scale in iZotope Insight

The title? one of the midi variations I used was titled This Is It.

As always, would love your crits and comments; don't be afraid to "lean" on me a little; I have broad shoulders...

t

Energetic rocky feel to this Tom with pacy beats to go along... quick and crisp piece... 

Good one 👍

• Thanks 1

EzBass is smoking on this - I'm still struggling to get really decent results with it (I think I lack the patience to really get under the hood of it), but it's still better than I can do manually with a MIDI keyboard.

This definitely sounds worthy of further investment to me, then again I can talk, I must have a dozen half-built, half-written songs and uncompleted projects on EzKeys. 😂

Andy

• Like 1

Nice one Tom , sounds like a strat on the second to bottom switch,  you was flowing getting in the groove. 

I'm totally uninspired myself, over stressed with a few things. maybe i will start something next week, still in middle of doing my templates but taking a break, keep rocking

• Thanks 1

Not familiar with any of the toys you used, so not much I can say in that regard. Nevertheless, the thing that stood out was the clarity-no mud.  Sometimes striving for perfection can wear one down and snuff out inspiration. I don't think to 2 (perfection and inspiration) mix well.  The short incomplete tune clearly has a lot of potential.  I have a lot of the same incomplete ideas in a holding tank awaiting my return. They may be waiting forever, as I don't enjoy struggling with writers block. 

In any case, I enjoyed the short demo-warts and all.

• Thanks 1