Presonus Users Get Waves Trueverb FREE

cclarry

I wonder everyone can get it for free from the 'trueverb-free' URL.
There was no confirmation about Presonus account. (Probably needs Waves Account only...)
Am I wrong?

Edited by HIBI

7 minutes ago, HIBI said:

I wonder everyone can get it for free from the 'trueverb-free' URL.
There was no confirmation about Presonus account. (Probably needs Waves Account only...)
Am I wrong?

The offer is to "Presonus Customers".  As a matter of personal ethics,
I did not post the URL.  Technically it's NOT free to EVERYONE, despite
having a URL that could be used by everyone....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The offer is to "Presonus Customers".  As a matter of personal ethics,
I did not post the URL.  Technically it's NOT free to EVERYONE, despite
having a URL that could be used by everyone....

Yes, I agree. So I did not post the URL, too. (Just wondered.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, paulo said:

I don't have any Waves plug ins, unlikely to ever buy any, so can anyone that has it is say that it's worth all the hoop jumping required to get it?

You will need to install Waves Central to register and manage the licenses. 

1-click to get the Trueverb SN from the 'link that can't be posted'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

I don't have any Waves plug ins, unlikely to ever buy any, so can anyone that has it is say that it's worth all the hoop jumping required to get it?

I would say that for just one Waves plugin, jumping through all their hoops is probably not worth it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcmd said:

You will need to install Waves Central to register and manage the licenses. 

1-click to get the Trueverb SN from the 'link that can't be posted'.

I have the SN, just don't really want to add yet another installer / manager for 1 plug in if it's not up to much anyway.

35 minutes ago, balinas said:

I would say that for just one Waves plugin, jumping through all their hoops is probably not worth it. 

As I suspected. Thank you.

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

hmm, i didn't get an email, maybe because i'm still on version 3?

If you log into your Waves account, it should be there. They made it free to everyone now.

Edited by TerraSin

This reverb is/ was shunned by many because it's by 'Waves'. I think I've had it for almost 20 years now. Back then it was used to mimic front to back stage placement of an orchestra by using different instances of the ER only for the lengths all followed by a single tail.

This & Renn. reverb were on all my early Cake projects. Haven't used it in a long time though; wonder if the code was updated?

You should check. It's at least been updated to the v10 core, don't know about the algorithm. I think I noticed in the release notes that it got some update having to do with supporting surround mixing. It has been solid as a rock on everything I've used it on since I first got it for free on that Black Friday giveaway years ago.

I didn't like it at first because I thought it was too complicated, but then I figured out how to work with it in bozo mode and then some of the subtleties came through. The manual just confused the heck out of me because of the front and back thing, I was new to reverb and couldn't get a handle on it with all the controls. Turns out I didn't really need to work all of the controls if I didn't want to, just the usual size, early ref, etc.

My complaint at the time was that it didn't come with enough preset examples to demonstrate what the manual was trying to explain, even with the "celebrity" ones I downloaded from the Waves site.

Now I just dial in a nice hall or room sound and use it as a send like I do any other reverb and it sounds nice, sparkly and full, yet natural and neutral if I want it to be. It scales back well.

I might delve into using the advanced features someday, but for now it's just a great-sounding algo reverb.