Full of CRAAAASH

17 minutes ago, Will. said:

Not related to this - just curious. What's your PC specs? 

Cpu : core i7 8700

Ram : 16gb

Mb: gigabyte b360

GPU : Intel uhd 630

Audio interface : audient id14

Windows 11

These crashes have been around for about 2 months and I had no problems before that

Even when recording audio, the project suddenly sounds like a repeating glitch

However cakewalk has problem with thermal and xo because there  are some minidumps( in cakewalk core) that related to those plugins

47 minutes ago, user6808463577169165 said:

However cakewalk has problem with thermal and xo because there  are some minidumps( in cakewalk core) that related to those plugins

"however" is a big signpost in troubleshooting, so like wookie says, any difference when those plugins are removed?

2 hours ago, user6808463577169165 said:

I checked now and saw that the crashes are related to the output thermal plugin

ok so isn't that the issue? (sorry, i read the thread in reverse order) - -have you reported the issue to the plugin devs? because it seems like you've identified the culprits

good luck

1 hour ago, user6808463577169165 said:

Audio interface : audient id14

🙆🏻‍♂️ Icons? 🙆🏻‍♂️

A test quick: First save the project as a "copy test project" > unplug your interface and do a export without the interface. Before you export though - make sure that all the main outputs (that was set to the Audient) are going into your "Master Bus." 

Reason: 

I have the 5x Pro iKeyboard that CbB don't want to be friends with. 

Might not be your case here, but it's worth a test. Could be those plugins too, yes. 

Edited by Will.

2 hours ago, Will. said:

🙆🏻‍♂️ Icons? 🙆🏻‍♂️

A test quick: First save the project as a "copy test project" > unplug your interface and do a export without the interface. Before you export though - make sure that all the main outputs (that was set to the Audient) are going into your "Master Bus." 

Reason: 

I have the 5x Pro iKeyboard that CbB don't want to be friends with. 

Might not be your case here, but it's worth a test. Could be those plugins too, yes. 

I don't think these crashes related to audient

Because I have it about 1 year and These crashes have been around for about 2 months and I had no problems before that( and audient last update was in September) 

So somthing happend to my daw and pc that cause these crashes

2 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

"however" is a big signpost in troubleshooting, so like wookie says, any difference when those plugins are removed?

ok so isn't that the issue? (sorry, i read the thread in reverse order) - -have you reported the issue to the plugin devs? because it seems like you've identified the culprits

good luck

I noticed when I restart the pc and after that open my project...  Daw doesn't crash

Now I should bypass plugin and check it

39 minutes ago, user6808463577169165 said:

I don't think these crashes related to audient

That's what I said with the iKeystation after a having it for a year. Look at me now . . . problem free. 

You do realize it wont hurt you to try it right? When did you update to 11? 

@Will. @pwalpwal

I did a few tests and I think this problem has to do with both the sound card and the thermal
Because when I delete/bypass the thermal, there is no crash

On the other hand, when the thermal is enable and I unplug the sound card, there is no crash

And another important point is that when I bypass the thermal and export without any crashing ... after exporting, I want enable the thermal .. by enabling it, Daw crashes( in this situation sound card is plugged)

Edited by user6808463577169165

In October or november

So 11 is out. Well, I guess the only thing to do now - its to consider both. Maybe, the two don't play well together? Or the new driver updates of your Audient? To narrow it down, try both on a simple one track project. If the issue persists - contact all 3 developers support team directly.

Cakewalk, Icon, and Output. 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Will. said:

So 11 is out. Well, I guess the only thing to do now - its to consider both. Maybe, the two don't play well together? Or the new driver updates of your Audient? To narrow it down, try the both on a simple one track project. If it issue persists - contact all 3 developers support team directly.

Cakewalk, Icon, and Output

Of course the ID 14  It is for Audient Company

13 hours ago, Wookiee said:

If removing or disabling cures the problem then the issue is with the plugin not CbB?

Not necessarily. Plug-ins vs. hosts is really a compatibility issue. A plug-in can expose a bug in its host, as well as the other way around. Would you say with certainty that if the same plug-in works in REAPER that it's an issue with Cakewalk?

I'm not a developer, but just as an observer and consumer, it seems evident that the VST/3 spec is kinda loosey-goosey. And of course, both host and plug-in developers are free to ignore the spec all they want.

Fingers will always be pointed, so a good thing to do is to test the plug-in in another host (as many as you have), and if it works, mention that in your report to the developers. For sure, contact the plug-in developer. Maybe they don't care whether their thing works with Cakewalk, but it's easy enough to test with a free DAW.

I have so many plug-ins, most of them free, that if it's not a commercial one, I usually just stop using it. This is more painful for instruments than FX. I recently had some issues with some legacy TAL freeware synths and wound up having to just dump them. TAL no longer supports them, and I doubt Bandlab's Cakewalk team are interested. Too bad, because they were ferocious bass synthesizers. They worked fine for a while, then started making a huge POP and killing Cakewalk's sound engine. Oh well.

@Will.

Hi

I found the main problem

The problem is with Output thermal.vst3

Because when I disable it there is no crash

I also tested vst2 version of thermal and there was no problem

I reported it to cakewalk( send mini dump) 

But maybe output company should solve it 

Definitely send Output support a complaint as well. It is highly important to send CbB support one too. I had found a problem where a plugin that was working in Vst3 doesn't work with the new release only the vst2 does. So I rolled back prior to the Update1 of 2022.02 and the VST3 installation works again. 

• Like 1