Akai Studio MK2 support?

steve trusty

The mpc software also comes with a plug-in for other “supported” DAW’s.. I was able to get audio in Bandlab as midi track using the Pads.

For some reason I can’t record midi data on that track, seemingly while the plug-in is loaded.

Also all buttons on the Akai MPC MK2 (play, stop, record ) including the 16 pads are recognized as notes if using any synth (pianos, synths, drums).
I’m not sure how the mapping was selected or it’s changed. 

Any help is appreciated. I’d rather use bandlab than the MPC daw. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:40 AM, martsave martin s said:

i do have Akai MPK mini and MPC beats software plugin,i can record midi on cakewalk,you have the right midi input on your midi track?

Yes. It’s weird, I haven’t tried since. But I can get audio via midi > virtual synths. For example. I can get the pad to play midi notes through addictive drums 2. I can remap the pads. All that works as it should. 

However any sounds coming from the mpc software plug-in/ akai won’t record into bandlab. I arm the track but get nothing. Even the play stop record buttons on the MK2 play audio sounds strangely. 
if I I use only the mpc software everything works as it should. 

I’m referring to the pc DAW. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have just purchased the Akai MPK mini MK 3 because of its size for travelling and good reviews... however there is no native support for this keyboard in Cakewalk BL, and  no easy way to set up .. the keys work fine, but how to set up easily all the knobs & pads - any easy solution instead of wasting time and not being creative?

If this keyboard is not really compatible, which mini keyboard is??

Thanks!

Edited by Adam Gill

I can't offer definite answers to your issue but maybe I can point you in the right direction. I bought an M-Audio Oxygen Pro keyboard and it includes support for many DAWs but not Cakewalk by Bandlab. After many hours of trial and error (and other peoples' contributions and advice) I found that changing the DAW type on the keyboard to Bitwig is close to perfect.

The reason is that Bitwig sends commands in Mackie mode, as opposed to MPC (which uses CC commands). You can use CC commands in CbB but you'll need to manually teach it how to interpret each command using ACT learning. It's time consuming but it's a decent workaround.

I don't have the Akai keyboard so I don't know what's involved in changing the DAW type, you'll have to do your own research on that. If Bitwig isn't a choice for you, then try Studio1 or or Cubase or Reaper (they all send using Mackie mode).