"Watermark" saying "AVS media Demo"

7 minutes ago, ØSkald said:

watermark on song.

I dont have any demos

photo_2019-06-07_15-50-57.jpg

Found this on Google: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Music-interrupted-by-quot-avs-media-demo-quot/td-p/830209

"Hi, this message is caused by the artist, or their representation, using a demo version of software called 'AVS Media Player' to edit or save their songs. The demo version inserts 'audio watermarks' into the tracks to prevent the artist from using their software for free.

This is not a fault caused by Spotify, however, it may be worth making a note of which tracks this occurs on and reporting them to Spotify staff.

If possible, alert the artist themselves through their social media platforms and they may be able to remove the watermarked version of the album and upload a proper version."

So you have not explicitly used any AVS program or plugin in creating the song? I would look on your computer and see if an AVS program is installed. I have Sound Forge  Pro 12 and can't think how AVS is involved. 

Also  you don't need SF to trim the length of the song. Cakewalk can do that with slip editing. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, John said:

So you have not explicitly used any AVS program or plugin in creating the song? I would look on your computer and see if an AVS program is installed. I have Sound Forge  Pro 12 and can't think how AVS is involved. 

Also  you don't need SF to trim the length of the song. Cakewalk can do that with slip editing. 

I dont have any AVS as i know of.

I dont know if any of my program  using its tech for converter tho.

But it is late now in Norway.  Have to  fallow up tomorrow.

3 hours ago, ØSkald said:

I dont have any AVS as i know of.

I dont know if any of my program  using its tech for converter tho.

Before you go further with any troubleshooting, you should look to see if any AVS programs are installed on your system.  It's not difficult these days for software to get installed without your knowledge while installing other software. 

I'd also look for any other installed programs that you don't recognize, and remove them.

Edited by JonD

46 minutes ago, JonD said:

Before you go further with any troubleshooting, you should look to see if any AVS programs are installed on your system.  It's not difficult these days for software to get installed without your knowledge while installing other software. 

I'd also look for any other installed programs that you don't recognize, and remove them.

I already asked that.  I wont hurt to ask again though. 

3 minutes ago, John said:

I already asked that.  I wont hurt to ask again though. 

Sorry John,  I should probably read the whole thread before posting!  😖

Maybe my second suggestion (Look for ANY program that isn't recognizable) will point to a clue.

What I don't like about the OPs situation is that I don't believe that he intended to use what ever is causing the issue. To me that is a real problem. I do hope we can sort this out. 

• Like 1

Is the audio watermark showing up in the files before you uploaded them to this service?  Or are the files you uploaded clean?  In which case someone or some process on the other side ran your audio through one of the AVS4you audio editors and saved the file out, adding the watermark.

If the audio files you are generating have the watermark in them, then work backwards to figure out which step in the process added the audio watermark.  In theory it would be possible for bad software to install replacement codecs that could cause every audio file you output to have a water mark.  Though that seems a little extreme.

On 6/8/2019 at 4:08 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

Is the audio watermark showing up in the files before you uploaded them to this service?  Or are the files you uploaded clean?  In which case someone or some process on the other side ran your audio through one of the AVS4you audio editors and saved the file out, adding the watermark.

If the audio files you are generating have the watermark in them, then work backwards to figure out which step in the process added the audio watermark.  In theory it would be possible for bad software to install replacement codecs that could cause every audio file you output to have a water mark.  Though that seems a little extreme.

Yeah...

The thing is that it might be other sources than DAW and Audio apps. I sent sendt my client the songs through Telegram too.  Dont know what apps she as used on the files before uploading.  I think also it was an MP3 file.

Do you guys know of a way of checking if there is any watermark before sending to Spotify?

On 6/8/2019 at 1:47 AM, JonD said:

Sorry John,  I should probably read the whole thread before posting!  😖

Maybe my second suggestion (Look for ANY program that isn't recognizable) will point to a clue.

Thats ok. Better to get to much help than  to little...

20 minutes ago, ØSkald said:

Yeah...

The thing is that it might be other sources than DAW and Audio apps. I sent sendt my client the songs through Telegram too.  Dont know what apps she as used on the files before uploading.  I think also it was an MP3 file.

Do you guys know of a way of checking if there is any watermark before sending to Spotify?

I found this link which may help:

https://www.sourceaudio.com/2015/07/try-out-our-new-watermark-detection-tool-now/

It has a link to their watermark detection tool:

https://www.sourceaudiodetect.com/

• Thanks 1

The best way to see if the watermark is there is to play the file, if you hear it (it's a voice that will be over your track every 5 seconds or so) then it's there.  If you play the file and it doesn't have the voice it's clean.  Most likely the client loaded your file, saved it (to convert to an MP3 maybe or to trim it or whatever) and didn't realize the free software they were using would add the watermark.  From Google search this seems to happen a lot.

• Like 2