Audio bounce to tracks not working with external insert

jono grant

Hi, I've been getting issue where I bounce down a mix, I am using an external insert on a drum buss. When the bounce is finished, there's only about half a bar of audio.

I've tried different buffer sizes and rendering in real time with and without audible mixdown. 

I assume it has something to do with the external insert but not sure. I've only been seeing this since they upgraded the export window.

Anyone else having an issue like this?

Thanks, Jono

Just now, Gswitz said:

sounds weird.

The bounce is for what is selected, so if you only select 1 measure, only 1 measure bounces.

You can also record the external insert to a track and then do your bounce as a method of trouble shooting.

No, I mean I'm bouncing the whole 3 minute song and it only renders a small snippet of audio at the beginning

12 hours ago, jono grant said:

I rebooted the computer and the Apollos and it did a normal bounce.

Did the bounce run the full 3 minutes in real time (required for processing any real time input, including the return from an external insert)? If not, chances are you had an unintended selection set. Selections are not saved when project is closed so shutting down is automatically going to resolve that.

I know there have been assorted issues with UAD stuff over the years so I suppose that's also a possibility.