Plugin versions - new installation

I'm setting up a new laptop to replace a dying desktop (that actually may have completely died just a few days after I started the laptop setup).  One of the worst parts of the setup process:  I've got old, old projects that I still go back to work on.  Many of them used dxi versions of plugins that won't work in Cakewalk or 64-bit SPLAT, and many, many more used various versions of plugins such as Native Instruments, where new releases are actually new plugins and won't automatically replace older versions and simply load the preset that was loaded in the original project.  Think Kontakt, for example, where there are Kontakt through Kontakt 5, and then Kontakt "6" which is simply named "Kontakt." 

Yesterday I loaded an old project that used Kontakt 2, and of course Cakewalk told me that the plugin was missing because I've only installed the current "Kontakt" on the new computer.  Rather than install every version of every Native Instruments plugin I've ever bought, I'd like to just look "inside" the project and see what preset / patch was loaded, and then load it in the current version of Kontakt, Absynth, or whatever.  In the past, I've just gone back to my graveyard of old machines if I wanted to find that information.  But as I said, my desktop seems to be dead.  I know there's a program called Projectscope that will show you what plugins are used in a project, but it doesn't tell you any information about what presets / other parameters were used.  Obviously that information is somewhere in the .cwp file since projects load with them every time you re-open the project (if you have the plugin installed, that is).  Is there any way of getting to that information?  It would be a great Cakewalk feature to be able to get it...