A Brief Musical Respite...Time Stands Still

cclarry

3 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Was it the trailer or the documentary? Because you are suppose to pay for the documentary,

It's the full documentary - and it's Amplified, which is a legit page, not some Joe off the street posting it

Edited by cclarry

I've tried (by playing her songs I thoughtwould most likely appeal to her), but my wife has never gotten into Rush's music. But she fell in love with the band members from watching one of the Rush documentaries with me. And marrying a former rock drummer, she definitely has an appreciation for rock music and mourned the loss of Neil and today mourned the loss of a huge Rush fan and a very talented drummer, Taylor Hawkins. When musicians pass that were a part of so much music that has moved you so greatly throughout many years of your life, it's like losing a friend. RIP, Neil and Taylor. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've tried (by playing her songs I thoughtwould most likely appeal to her), but my wife has never gotten into Rush's music. But she fell in love with the band members from watching one of the Rush documentaries with me. And marrying a former rock drummer, she definitely has an appreciation for rock music and mourned the loss of Neil and today mourned the loss of a huge Rush fan and a very talented drummer, Taylor Hawkins. When musicians pass that were a part of so much music that has moved you so greatly throughout many years of your life, it's like losing a friend. RIP, Neil and Taylor. 

Their music is a rocket science compared to what's out today.  To mimic their style would be a great achievement.  All of these music legends are eventually going to die of old age and their are no replacements.  I regret never getting to see them or Van Halen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Their music is a rocket science compared to what's out today.  To mimic their style would be a great achievement.  All of these music legends are eventually going to die of old age and their are no replacements.  I regret never getting to see them or Van Halen. 

I agree!  To me they personify what a musician, and a band, should be...joyously dedicated to their craft, and to the perfection
thereof, and to each other as a band.  It is a rare thing to find, and to do!

• Like 1

I saw Rush live twice during the 80s and 90s. I bet a lot of forum members who play/ produce rock music have seen them live. For me, the true test of any rock band is how they perform live and Rush was fantastic live.  Absolutely 10/10 for live shows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I saw Rush live twice during the 80s and 90s. I bet a lot of forum members who play/ produce rock music have seen them live. For me, the true test of any rock band is how they perform live and Rush was fantastic live.  Absolutely 10/10 for live shows. 

WORD!

• Like 1