Bus meter settings not retained when reopening a project

Mo Jonez

Question

13 answers to this question

On 3/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, Mo Jonez said:

Any reasons why my my bus meter settings are not retained when I re-open a project?   i.e. I set bus meters to Peak Hold and when I re-open the project later those settings are not retained and I have to re-set the meters.

Confirmed here.

Maybe drop a note Cakewalk support here:

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

Edited by Promidi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sjoens said:

It works here but you have to save the project with the new settings for them to be retained.

Yeah, I tried that here multiple times , but do dice.....

I take it you didn't have to say any magic words for it to work.....?

There might be some obscure set of circumstances that get it to work.......

Should just work straight out of the box.  I wonder what support will say?

24 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I take it you didn't have to say any magic words for it to work.....?

One of the few things that works as advertised. 

But that's prob'ly 'cause I don't use it much. :D

I'm more perturbed that I have to go back into the menu for each setting. Would be so nice to have a window in Preferences for Meters.

BTW, are you using the Menu > Options > Meter Options to make changes? Making them elsewhere makes them temporary.

Edited by sjoens

22 hours ago, Mo Jonez said:

Any reasons why my my bus meter settings are not retained when I re-open a project?   i.e. I set bus meters to Peak Hold and when I re-open the project later those settings are not retained and I have to re-set the meters.

It could be the Workspace you're using has different bus meter settings that get restored when you open the project. Save (update) the workspace before you close and see if that solves the problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

It could be the Workspace you're using has different bus meter settings that get restored when you open the project. Save (update) the workspace before you close and see if that solves the problem.

Yeah, I just tried setting Workspace to “none” - still did not save the state of the bus meter in the project.

Even i have found this behavior to be annoying. And it's not just with the meter options, i have noticed this with custom channel layout for the Inspector or the option to display compact prochannel eq module and settings similar to that.
Is there any workaround right now to set these options permanently and not have to set them individually for each project?

7 hours ago, Promidi said:

Yeah, I just tried setting Workspace to “none” - still did not save the state of the bus meter in the project.

Did you change to "none," save, close and re-open? I'm not at my DAW right now, but I don't have that problem and don't think I ever have. I don't change individual channel meter settings. I use meter settings in the dropdowns to set all meters of a given category in track and console views. So I can't comment on that.

I finally got around to  checking this, and am not seeing a problem with saving Peak Hold on bus meters or the old issue with saving RMS+Peak on track meters. I don't know about bus meters, but the RMS+Peak issue existed long before Workspaces were introduced, and I don't use them in any case.

On 3/26/2022 at 1:16 AM, sjoens said:

I'm more perturbed that I have to go back into the menu for each setting. Would be so nice to have a window in Preferences for Meters.

+1

10 hours ago, In A Week said:

i have noticed this with custom channel layout for the Inspector or the option to display compact prochannel eq module and settings similar to that.

I'm not seeing a an issue with this,. either