You Can Do Anything If You Try

jack c.

HI Jack

I really liked this and I have to say a really good mix

The only thing I would say and this is a personal preference, so please feel free to ignore!! I found the bridge starting 2.29 a bit too long at 30 seconds or so

Otherwise loved it

Cool

Nigel

On 3/26/2022 at 6:29 AM, Bajan Blue said:

found the bridge a bit too long

At almost 5 minutes, I think there is some "fat" in the whole tune that could be trimmed.
Also, I'd put the keys and guitar on a buss, and use some side chain compression off the vocal track.
That would keep it "below" the vocal, but give a little more "impact" in between the vocal lines.
just a suggestion...

t

wow....you are on a real creative roll jack....i never did get back to finish listening to your last song, so let me put some time into this one....it's a real tour de force of composition and playing....the production and mix sound is very good....the  EQ/audio of the synth's is outstanding as is your playing/programming of them....the ending is really cool....this is another one of my favorites of yours along with My Special Place, selim and sivad 👍👍👍👍🎶🎶🎶🎶

edit: i have to say that your composing in the last few months is miles above anything i can do at this time....thanks for the inspiration and education....cheers!!!!

Edited by Larry T.

9 hours ago, Larry T. said:

is miles above anything i can do at this time....thanks for the inspiration and education....cheers!!!!

larry thanks for thoughts!!!!!!!!!when i listen to yes,gentle giant,genesis i want to give up playing as they are so great.but i keep going same for ya .you do many wonderful things and keep them up as ya go.!!!jack c.