Another Epic for Lift Traveling

Wookiee

@DeeringAmps Tom as promised, I used the Avatar Natural kit in Superior Drummer 3 the crash is Crash 2, which is supposed to be a 18" Sabian Hand Hammers Fierce Crash.

As always I reversed the Mixer output and reduce its width to around 60 % to 50%. I rarely bother to break out the drums to there own channels in CbB I figure that the mixer in SD 3 does a damn good job, their built in FX, when I use them, seem very efficient it also saves on screen real estate in both track and console views. 

I then treat the CbB Channel as a Drum Buss, with the N-Type Channel emulation, Boz Digital +10dB Compressor in Parallel mode at about 65% dry, then the Quad Curve EQ to tease the best out of the kit, Then a tiny amount of send to a Global Reverb Buss, just so everything things sits in the same space. This bus has the Quad Curve pre the reverb to clear any mud from hitting the Reverb and finally Cakewalks Tape emulation.

• Thanks 1

Wookiee . . . relaxing piece you've captured here. The bell sounds with thick textured background throughout reminded me of that famous Roland "Fantasia" patch, that I used a lot in another era . . . so, maybe that added some melancholy to my enjoyable and laid back listening here.

• Thanks 1

By now you know that I always enjoy your work and this one is no exception.  I particularly like the way that you slowly built this one up starting around the 1:42 mark.  I do believe that this is one of my favourites from you!!!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Wookie,

A sound track to Charlie and the Magic Elevator perhaps.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

best wishes

paul

Er yeah could be a plan 😉 nice to hear you enjoyed this and found it relaxing, as ever your ears, time and comments are appreciated. 

On 4/5/2022 at 6:51 PM, freddy j said:

By now you know that I always enjoy your work and this one is no exception.  I particularly like the way that you slowly built this one up starting around the 1:42 mark.  I do believe that this is one of my favourites from you!!!

Thank you Freddy you have been so supportive it's appreciated. 

On 4/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

This one is super clean and clear, love the glass-chimey sprinkles, and the epic happened for me when the drums came in. Well played there, the drums sound great in the mix. Overall a nice mellow ride!

Thank you Tom, I think the D50 is as much an  FM synthesizer though Roland call something else. FM synths always make good metallic/bell sound. 

As ever I appreciate your input.