Humble Bundle Mega Sound Designer Loop Creator Bundle

cclarry

This is a nice deal for getting a Mixcraft Studio license.

Sometimes these things end up a little odd, like this time for $25 you also get a license for Mixcraft Home Studio 8, which is of no use if you are getting Mixcraft Studio 9.

Whatever, Pianissimo is still useful as a lightweight piano, and all the Cherry Audio synths are good stuff.

Quick word of warning if you are thinking of getting Pianissimo or Mixcraft to sell forward. Acoustica do not do license transfers, so once you've registered their products on your account they are forever linked to your account.

I found this out after I got Pianissimo in a bundle, installed it, then decided I didn't need it and wanted to transfer the license to my son.

Just to let y'all know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about this...

In addition to the things people have mentioned, there are a lot of interesting music-oriented foley that I think would work great with XO--Office, Kitchen Things, Trash, Industrial Complex, Human Body.  Sounds of Mexico City.   "Frightening Sounds" seems very interesting, but more for film sound design than music.

Also, there is  a $40 Orchestral MIDI library I have been looking at from Soundtrack Loops, so the $25 voucher could be interesting, depending on how long it lasts and whether they let you use it during a sale.  At list price the voucher isn't much of a help, because this goes down to $15 or $20 during a sale. 

So my question is:  is Mixcraft 9 the kind of DAW that loads really fast?  For when I don't have the patience to load up Cubase?   I use Unify for this, but some things don't load in it, like Emvoice One.   Is Mixcraft Home Studio 8 more useful for this?  Can you load VSTs in it? 

Maybe I should just install Cakewalk in my computer again?  😄   I had Sonar in my old computer and never put it in my new music computer.

19 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Thinking about this...

In addition to the things people have mentioned, there are a lot of interesting music-oriented foley that I think would work great with XO--Office, Kitchen Things, Trash, Industrial Complex, Human Body.  Sounds of Mexico City.   "Frightening Sounds" seems very interesting, but more for film sound design than music.

Also, there is  a $40 Orchestral MIDI library I have been looking at from Soundtrack Loops, so the $25 voucher could be interesting, depending on how long it lasts and whether they let you use it during a sale.  At list price the voucher isn't much of a help, because this goes down to $15 or $20 during a sale. 

So my question is:  is Mixcraft 9 the kind of DAW that loads really fast?  For when I don't have the patience to load up Cubase?   I use Unify for this, but some things don't load in it, like Emvoice One.   Is Mixcraft Home Studio 8 more useful for this?  Can you load VSTs in it? 

Maybe I should just install Cakewalk in my computer again?  😄   I had Sonar in my old computer and never put it in my new music computer.

If you're talking about the epic orchestral film score & midis you can get it for 0.99$ in a bundle at fanatical https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-game-music-super-bundle or 5 packs like this for 3.99$ 

also nice to know that you can listen to many of the sounds that are in those packs as they are also on sounds.com if you want to check if you're interested

As for Mixcraft 9 i also got it from the bundle and it works surprisingly fast and stable at least for me, as for 8 I think that it has 16 track limit but don't know if it has a restriction on 3rd party plugins

6 minutes ago, Dorondon said:

If you're talking about the epic orchestral film score & midis you can get it for 0.99$ in a bundle at fanatical https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-game-music-super-bundle or 5 packs like this for 3.99$ 

also nice to know that you can listen to many of the sounds that are in those packs as they are also on sounds.com if you want to check if you're interested

As for Mixcraft 9 i also got it from the bundle and it works surprisingly fast and stable at least for me, as for 8 I think that it has 16 track limit but don't know if it has a restriction on 3rd party plugins

Thanks so much @Dorondon    I'm so glad I posted. 

Definitely going to pick up that MIDI package for 99 cents.   I appreciate the info about MixCraft.

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

the kind of DAW that loads really fast? 

Have you ever tried Reaper?  Whole download is only about 20MB and it loads up EXTREMELY fast.   Works with VST2 and VST3, unlimited tracks, VERY stable.   And you can use it free for 60 days while  you evaluate it.