MODO BASS 2

Heath Row

I'm very interested, as MODO bass has become a go-to staple for me, but with the addition of Fretless and upright models, it could take it next level, indeed. However, I'm looking for a better price at some point, until then I can cover these other models with other brands...plus, it's not out yet, so pre-ordering is not quite as compelling. I'm sure at some point I will upgrade, it because I like MODO bass very much, indeed. 

On 4/9/2022 at 8:37 AM, JT music said:

Mr. Peter, the exact same thing happened with MODE drum, the whole forum exploded in anger and you did not appear saying the same thing, I understand perfectly that you defend the interests of your company that you represent but in this case everything is pure commercial marketing in favor of IKM and not for the client, check the comments in the Drum Mode thread and you will see what I am talking about.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I replied in kind there.  You didn't pay twice, you have a problem with the pricing after getting v1 for a deeply-discounted price.  That is your prerogative and you are welcome to disagree with the pricing and I hope you consider other IK products and/or MODO DRUM 1.5 and MODO BASS 2 (since that's the actual topic of this thread) in the future.

I understand you'd want to refer people to a different thread implying that you didn't receive the reaction from other users that you did here but I can also assure people that the same thing was explained there.  If you get a plugin for a blowout price, the upgrade pricing for the next version takes that into consideration.  Sorry but you are not going to get a major update for free.

In the case of MODO DRUM you'd be paying 79.99 for three kits (and likely if you are an avid IK user you'd get up to 30% off of that using your JamPoints) which is at most 26.66 per kit and 79.99 is less than others charge for a single kit.  But you know this, I've explained it already, and you obviously do not want to purchase MODO DRUM 1.5 which is fine.

But if you keep saying the same things over and over in every IK thread because you are mad that we charge 79.99 after you paid 99.99 (or 69.99 if you had MODO BASS 1) for MODO DRUM 1 then you feel that 180 (or 150) - which is less than the crossgrade pricing and again you probably have enough JamPoints to shave off another 30% of so -  is too much for the full MODO DRUM with 13 kits plus all of the great features of MODO DRUM then I will continue to reply in kind and explain it again so it is clear to anybody reading exactly what is going on here.  Again, your prerogative but from this you can see that we took your use case into consideration fully before setting upgrade pricing.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2022 at 1:30 PM, Dave Maffris said:

I'm very interested, as MODO bass has become a go-to staple for me, but with the addition of Fretless and upright models, it could take it next level, indeed. However, I'm looking for a better price at some point, until then I can cover these other models with other brands...plus, it's not out yet, so pre-ordering is not quite as compelling. I'm sure at some point I will upgrade, it because I like MODO bass very much, indeed. 

Thanks!  At this time the 149.99 upgrade pricing minus up to an additional 30% off using JamPoints is the best price we have to offer.  Thanks for considering MODO BASS 2, much obliged.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Thanks!  At this time the 149.99 upgrade pricing minus up to an additional 30% off using JamPoints is the best price we have to offer.  Thanks for considering MODO BASS 2, much obliged.

Oh, I forgot about the jam points, that could be the deal-maker...thanks for the reminder, Peter.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Will MODO Bass 2 be included in Total Studio Max 4?

I assume so since we add what has been released since the previous version there'd be no reason not to.  But Total Studio 4 MAX is not on the calendar at the moment so there are no specifics tied to it (though those specifics would be more toward pricing rather than inclusions historically)

• Thanks 1

Peter has to be the most patient software rep on the internet.  We all love sales but they have been slamming this man every time they don't get something practically free.  I will be passing up modo 2 for now because i honestly am still learning modo one and feel like i am so overloaded with vsts that i will never master them all.  Modo 2 is tempting because it does offer things I wished 1 had. The upgrade price is not outrageous. I have paid ik upgrade prices full before and did not feel ripped off.  In any case, Peter is not the guy setting the prices. As a former business owner, it is never wise to cater to customers who ONLY buy things at super super deep discounts. This thread proves those types will only expect that perpetually. Each company needs to clone Bapu.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There's an email out about the future of the group buy too, that should be informative.

I assume that's an in-house e-mail. Any idea when the contents will be shared with customers? (PS: Sorry to hear your head got "sliced off.")

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

Peter has to be the most patient software rep on the internet.  We all love sales but they have been slamming this man every time they don't get something practically free.  I will be passing up modo 2 for now because i honestly am still learning modo one and feel like i am so overloaded with vsts that i will never master them all.  Modo 2 is tempting because it does offer things I wished 1 had. The upgrade price is not outrageous. I have paid ik upgrade prices full before and did not feel ripped off.  In any case, Peter is not the guy setting the prices. As a former business owner, it is never wise to cater to customers who ONLY buy things at super super deep discounts. This thread proves those types will only expect that perpetually. Each company needs to clone Bapu.

@Peter - IK Multimedia is the main man! Keeping it cool!!!

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 4