Head in a Basket - Constructive mix feedback welcome!

Myriad Rocker

On 7/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, Myriad Rocker said:

Can you clarify what you mean a bit?

I think he means the guitar stutter effect. 

I listened the other day several times Myriad on my Bose HP. Though the second sounds clear, the kick lacks some oomph to it. The first mix has more umph in the kick.

I thought I posted about this, but when I opened my Surface there it was, it hadn't been sent!!

On 7/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, Grem said:

I listened the other day several times Myriad on my Bose HP. Though the second sounds clear, the kick lacks some oomph to it. The first mix has more umph in the kick.

I adjusted it a bit.  Brought the kick outside mic up some in the mix since it had more of the low end extension.  We'll see what that does.  I'll bounce it down a little later.  I also made some adjustment to the chorus guitar that does the octave part.  It didn't pop out like I felt it should.

• Like 1

Slight adjustments.  As mentioned, brought up the kick outside mic.  Put some more EQ on the chorus octave guitar part and panned a bit so it would pop out more.  I took the "operatic" chants out of the first pre-chorus part...that's not really a pre-chorus.

Let me know what you guys think.  I think I may call this one "done".  I'm curious how the loudness is, though.  I didn't apply ANY EQ in mastering.  I didn't think it really needed it, but I may be wrong.  All I did was run it through a limiter and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 1:23 PM, Myriad Rocker said:

Let me know what you guys think.  I think I may call this one "done".

That's a wrap!! Put this one in the bag! It's done!! Don't mess with it!! : ) Leave it alone. Time to let it go!

I'm curious how the loudness is, though.

I listened to this last version on my monitors and this version is really clean and clearer than that other version. And the loudness was about the same that I could tell. Just listening with my ears. Didn't bring up any meter. Just from my ears they sound real close.

but I may be wrong.

Like I said, let it go!! You done good!! : ) LOL!!!

• Like 1