Next Chapter of UAD is coming March 30th!

cclarry

18 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I just renovated my studio. Even Larry can't get an extra nickel out of me now.

Don't be to confifdent , he got the Irish mob loding his back .... everything possible 

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 2:17 AM, Zo said:

just bougth another Octo 2 month ago ...:(

Some native plugins still destroy even the best systems. I'll be running a UAD card for years to come still - absolutely need to conserve CPU resources with some of these more recent synths, sample libraries and stuff like Abbey Roads reverbs. Even a 16-core CPU doesn't mean much if a couple plugins aren't well optimized for multi-core.

• Like 2

It's out and on the website and it looks like a subscription model (of a limited set??!!??) of native plugins. No hardware required on Mac today, and Windows to be released Fall 2022. 

Edited by Bapu

Universal Audio Support Home

UAD Spark Support

FAQs

Today at 07:39

If I already own the UAD version of a plug-in, do I get the UADx version for free?

Yes! If you already own a UAD plug-in or UAD instrument that has been ported to UADx then you can get the UADx native version for free. 

To use your UADx plug-ins you will need to:

Download and install the latest UAD Software including UA Connect

Open UA Connect and login to your uaudio.com account

Allow UA Connect to create a new iLok account or link your existing iLok account

Redeem your UADx plug-ins in UA Connect

Download and install your UADx plug-in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Bit of a yawn fest for those of us with a high UAD DSP count.... oh well.

Once all the plugins go UADx and you have the subscription, travelling to another studio with your iLok sure would beat lugging 2 UAD Octo Satellites around (not that I go to other studios)

17 hours ago, Zo said:

Question :

If we own plugin that are not in the native list , are we getting them native anyway ?

Are 3 rd party plugins are gonna be also impacted in that new policy ?

Good questions.

My (unofficial) answers:
1. Since owners of DSP plugs get a UADx (native) version for free I would say the only way to get the native version of a DSP version that you do not own (when it becomes available) is to be on SPARK. Unless, they start selling UADx versions.
2. IDK, today I imagine no, but this is UAD and some 3rd party plugs have been restricted in the past.

Edited by Bapu
  • Thanks 1

native vs. satellite/PCIe helps with mobile sessions, but I'm already far down the path of existing native equivalents thx to PA (and @cclarry).

I expect there will be some interest in native vs. dsp benchmarks (+ null tests to confirm equivalent quality?) but the cost/benefit analysis comes down to core CPU vs supplemental DSP = a hefty premium for DSP based plugins given where CPU benchmarks are going >> a diminishing market for the existing satellite/PCIe formats at the current prices. Tracking latency should still be a plus and they could try to buy some time by making a deal with Acustica Audio 🙂.  If there is value in supplemental DSP for some users, I'd be curious as how to manage native vs DSP instances of the same plugin in the same project. 

(edit: as there is no Win support atm, answers ad infinitum in an avalanche of a thread on GS...)

on a related note, recently checked out Luna and found having a row of meters across the top to be kinda fun for tracking live if you like to bend needles. I've used an S1 project for this before but Luna was a better UX. 

Edited by jackson white
GS has all the answers...
  • Like 1