ML Sound Lab Humble

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Eric Parsons said:

This looks so cool.  Has anyone here purchased this yet?  If so, what do you think about it?

I only ran the trial.  Sounds pretty good but looking at the authorization method it looks like this is a one computer at a time deal and you have to contact the vendor to re-install it which is going to be a deal breaker for me.

https://ml-sound-lab.com/pages/faqs

Re: licensing …

https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.php?p=15918387&postcount=15

“Just to answer my own question: I ended up reaching out to support and they will license this on multiple machines. You just need to email them the request key for any additional PC's and they'll manually get one back to you. Usually within a day.”

I didn’t find out until reading the thread that it’s an emulation of a Dumble.  In retrospect, it makes sense (rhymes with Humble).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ALC said:

Re: licensing …

https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.php?p=15918387&postcount=15

“Just to answer my own question: I ended up reaching out to support and they will license this on multiple machines. You just need to email them the request key for any additional PC's and they'll manually get one back to you. Usually within a day.”

I didn’t find out until reading the thread that it’s an emulation of a Dumble.  In retrospect, it makes sense (rhymes with Humble).

Thanks.  Now I'll have to decide if it is worth it.  Seems like quite a bit of hassle from someone like myself that has a few machines and the long term implications of a company that may nor may not be around for the long haul.

It is based on the Six String Singer Dumble amp which I don't think I've seen anyone else try in the VST space.  The ODS (different amp) is what the FUCHS Overdrive Supreme is based on.  the SSS is a much cleaner amp.  The Ethos Overdrive (the clean channel is a bit of a SSS emulation -which the Overdrive chanel is more ODS).  

The legend came to be related to SRV's use of the SSS.

(also note that on a machine where the PA Amp sims use 6-7% CPU usage, this Humble thing uses about 21%.  (that is a couple percentage points higher than even AT5 is)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

It is based on the Six String Singer Dumble amp which I don't think I've seen anyone else try in the VST space.  The ODS (different amp) is what the FUCHS Overdrive Supreme is based on.  the SSS is a much cleaner amp.  The Ethos Overdrive (the clean channel is a bit of a SSS emulation -which the Overdrive chanel is more ODS).  

The legend came to be related to SRV's use of the SSS.

(also note that on a machine where the PA Amp sims use 6-7% CPU usage, this Humble thing uses about 21%.  (that is a couple percentage points higher than even AT5 is)

I didn’t know the different Dumble models and SSS didn’t mean anything to me.  Thanks for the education.  I appreciate the background (especially since I have the Fuchs ODS).

21%, yikes!  Hopefully it translated to better quality.

This amp space can get really deep.  It’s fun to learn about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

I didn’t know the different Dumble models and SSS didn’t mean anything to me.  Thanks for the education.  I appreciate the background (especially since I have the Fuchs ODS).

21%, yikes!  Hopefully it translated to better quality.

This amp space can get really deep.  It’s fun to learn about.

I think most people think about ODS when they think Dumble and seems generally more popular (Ford, Mayer, Kimock, Santana, Carlton, Bonamassa, Urban)

SRV owned a couple SSS and there are a few famous players that have them, but frequenlty don't see much about them and seem far more rare.  The main characteristic is just a really high headroom clean tone.  

I've played through a few original ODS' I've only played through "SSS clones" as they are that hard to find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I think most people think about ODS when they think Dumble and seems generally more popular (Ford, Mayer, Kimock, Santana, Carlton, Bonamassa, Urban)

SRV owned a couple SSS and there are a few famous players that have them, but frequenlty don't see much about them and seem far more rare.  The main characteristic is just a really high headroom clean tone.  

I've played through a few original ODS' I've only played through "SSS clones" as they are that hard to find.

Nice.  My amp experience is primarily with virtual amps (pre-pandemic, I primarily played acoustic guitar) so it’s nice to get nice to hear evaluations of the amp sims from people who’ve played real amps.