Good sites to sell gear?

X-53mph

I'm looking to sell some of my vintage gear such as Colorsound pedal, Boss pedal, Danelectro guitar etc..

Are there any good places to sell online other than Ebay.  Where will I get a fair deal?

Thanks for any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I've bought & sold on both eBay & Reverb.com with great success, just be aware of their terms &  policies regarding bank info, fees etc..

I've sold and bought stuff on eBay this year without pain...until now. Sold my Colorsound Wah-Swell. There was a last minute bidding frenzy and now I've been waiting over 24 hours for the guy to pay or respond to messages. 

You ever had this problem before?

I think it's 4 days before you can open a dispute.

2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I've sold and bought stuff on eBay this year without pain...until now. Sold my Colorsound Wah-Swell. There was a last minute bidding frenzy and now I've been waiting over 24 hours for the guy to pay or respond to messages. 

You ever had this problem before?

I think it's 4 days before you can open a dispute.

I'd wait a bit first, send them one or two more reminder emails in the meantime.  If it's obvious the person isn't going to respond or pay then take action.

After it's settled I would list the item again with a bit of clarification as to what happened in your listing, nothing scathing  but let viewers know why the item is being listed again.

This has happened to me before, several times the winning bid ended up being higher than that of the first listing. Depends on the item & who's interested.  Some bidders who missed the first listing might pay more to make sure they get it the next time around..

I've been lucky on eBay, i started in 1999 & at that time PayPal didn't exist, I use to accept checks then send the item after it cleared. I did that for years & only received one bad check. I emailed the person & had her pay for the item plus my  bank fee...which she did!

I'm not using eBay much anymore, I don't like their new terms...

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

@Hidden SymmetrySymmetry  thanks. I've been using eBay for about the same a amount of time, bought a lot of books and sold a ton of music gear,  but after moving to Italy I needed to open a new account, so I look like a newbie 😕

I agree the terms and conditions are a bit meh. But I'm glad they made it safer when buying. I got myself a second hand Dell XPS and was on tender hooks waiting for it to arrive, but I always knew I was safe. In the old days eBay never held onto the money after a transaction so there was more chance of getting scammed.

I'll wait a few days, then relist. I hate time wasters though.