UN-wanted wasted space-How to undo this?

Pathfinder

I understand I did this, but not on purpose. But I have no idea what I did.
But more importantly how do I get rid of it? Happened yesterday, probably some keystroke I hit inadvertently.
The space is kind of outlined in red. I am sure you get what I mean-sloppy I know. Basic I know. How to undo, no I do NOT know.
One again the little things we forget over the years-or I forget over the years.370806024_Screenshot2022-03-22225102.thumb.png.af5062d63b183285bf009b7a95ae8f87.png

Thanks as always.

EDIT: I guess you can tell me that is the way it is now. But it wasn't 2 days ago. Just sayin. I get it is simple, basic. doesn't help me.

Edited by Pathfinder

1 hour ago, scook said:

The circled area has grown over time as new features were added.

Prior to CbB all it housed was the Navigator and Video Thumbnail tracks.

CbB added tracks for the Arranger and Tempo.

Weird cause I could swear it happened recently while I was working on a project and I immediately tried to figure out what I did. Oh well.
Thanks as always.

IMHO it is wasted space that I could use.

Edited by Pathfinder

5 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I understand I did this, but not on purpose. But I have no idea what I did.
But more importantly how do I get rid of it? Happened yesterday, probably some keystroke I hit inadvertently.
The space is kind of outlined in red. I am sure you get what I mean-sloppy I know. Basic I know. How to undo, no I do NOT know.
One again the little things we forget over the years-or I forget over the years.370806024_Screenshot2022-03-22225102.thumb.png.af5062d63b183285bf009b7a95ae8f87.png

Thanks as always.

EDIT: I guess you can tell me that is the way it is now. But it wasn't 2 days ago. Just sayin. I get it is simple, basic. doesn't help me.

Tbh, even i noticed this a few weeks ago that this space has grown over the last 2 yrs. But what i dont understand is even when i have all of the Arranger, Tempo, Navigator and Video Tracks hidden or toggled off in from View menu on top of the TV, it still appears so thick, like they have just been collapsed in there and not actually hidden. Is there any specific reason for it to appear like that? 

• Like 1

For me, on a measely 28" 4K samsung monitor, I notice this "WASTED SPACE" that I could actually USE if given back. 
To me it is totally ridiculous to waste this space. I love CW, have since the early 90's. Never switched to another daw although I did check some out when we had the Sonar Plat tragedy hit us.

But imho, this is unnecessary and ust poor or lazy programming. Yes I said that. I would love to hear someone from CWbyBL explain why this has to be?

?? You'd be lucky to display 1 very collapsed track in there. Why the fuss. They have to design the graffic interface to accommodate features that can be opened or collapsed  there. I find this totally exceptable. You do realize you can hide the Control bar if you want a little more vertical space "C" 

13 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I would love to hear someone from CWbyBL explain why this has to be?

It probably doesn't "have"' to be, but it provides a way to open Arranger/Tempo/Video views by dragging with a mouse. I could wish for some narrow dividing lines and/or labels to make it clear where to drag to get which view and I do more often use keyboard shortcuts than dragging to open views.

I wouldn't be against having an option to hide if completely.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

?? You'd be lucky to display 1 very collapsed track in there. Why the fuss. They have to design the graffic interface to accommodate features that can be opened or collapsed  there. I find this totally exceptable. You do realize you can hide the Control bar if you want a little more vertical space "C" 

Ah ok, so it's basically for making those tracks draggable to open directly from TV itself without using shortcuts or on screen buttons, for which they had to make it like that so it appears to have enough space to drag open them open....interesting and a nice idea tbh.

Still, i wouldn't mind if it actually gets hidden when i toggle off these tracks from the View menu in TV. Like maybe for collapsed it can be that the options are checked on in the View menu and the tracks are just collapsed and they can be expanded and dragged open. And when it's checked off the tracks actually gets hidden, letting me reclaim my space.

Btw, John i love ur Cakewalk tutorial videos, they are really helpful. 🙂

• Like 2

I too mostly work in the Track View.

If there is a way to suppress the space used by the collapsed Navigation, Video Thumbnail, Arranger and Tempo tracks, I don't know it.

Here as image of 2019.07, essentially the same as the SONAR X series. This version contains the Navigation and Video Thumbnail tracks only.

0aX2XAp.png

and an image of 2020.11 showing the addition of the Arranger Track

78Lsymc.png

and an image of 2021.12 showing the addition of the Tempo Track

8tRO8FI.png

The lane "hot zones" require said real estate for the mouse, or else you wouldn't be able to drag the lanes open.

Getting rid of the space means getting rid of the lanes.

Unless they scrap the hot zones for a right-click & choose your lane, approach.

Otherwise, some kind of marker for the lanes would be cool so I'm not hunting around for the right lane.

27 minutes ago, scook said:

I too mostly work in the Track View.

If there is a way to suppress the space used by the collapsed Navigation, Video Thumbnail, Arranger and Tempo tracks, I don't know it.

Here as image of 2019.07, essentially the same as the SONAR X series. This version contains the Navigation and Video Thumbnail tracks only.

0aX2XAp.png

and an image of 2020.11 showing the addition of the Arranger Track

78Lsymc.png

and an image of 2021.12 showing the addition of the Tempo Track

8tRO8FI.png

Dam, they really made sure to make that strip thick overtime 😂