Arturia V Collection 8 deal. Does it work on Win7?

The Dispossessed Orangutan

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Arturia has a special upgrade deal for upgrading to V Collection 8.   I am trying to learn if it will work on Win 7 x64 before I decide if it is a deal for me.

I know it is a long shot, but thought I would ask; has anyone tried to install v8 on a Win 7 system?

Thank you.

According to Arturia’s website, all their synths require Windows 8.1+ or above.....  so it looks like that’s a no.

If you want to know for sure..... then install a trial of one of the instruments.

Even if it does happen to install and appear to work and you run into issues, you will not get any support.

Really, in this day and age, you really should be using Windows 10 or above (Many programs are now off limits to Windows 7 users)

• Great Idea 3

I am asking in the hopes that someone somewhere may have tried the V Collection 8 install on Win 7 x64 and have some insights with regard to the question.

If it does not install on Win 7 then its not a good enough deal for me to bother with the upgrade, if it does then the cheap price would make it seem like some good clean fun.

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Ghost said:

Arturia has a special upgrade deal for upgrading to V Collection 8.   I am trying to learn if it will work on Win 7 x64 before I decide if it is a deal for me.

I know it is a long shot, but thought I would ask; has anyone tried to install v8 on a Win 7 system?

Thank you.

I have not tries in win 7. My guess is it probably works but is unsupported. Have you tried running the demo?  That might answer your question without having to deal with snarky answers. Good luck

Thank you for the suggestion. I have not tried the demo. I boot my old Roseberry DAW very infrequently these days, and when I do I am usually preoccupied with an urge to record right away.

I understand it was a long shot to ask such a question. 

Thank you for sharing a humane gesture.

Edited by Ghost

22 hours ago, Ghost said:

Thank you.

Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.php?keywords="windows+7"&t=557187&sf=msgonly

On 3/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, Ghost said:

Thank you.

Tried Jun-6V yesterday. Works but with minor issues. Sometimes the chorus button is not responsive and I have to click 2 or 3 times to work. Same with arpeggio button.

• Like 1