Spitfire Apex - Save 50% off Your Choice from Selection

cclarry

Just now, Lee D said:

Need some advice, never bought an orchestral library before.  I dabble in pop, techno, rock, and orchestration seems pretty interesting.  Would I be better off in getting Albion One or BBC Core? 

Albion One is more geared to "easy production", whereas BBC is a Full Orchestra.  If you want
to get into Orchestration, BBC is the way to go.  If you just want to add Orchestral elements to 
current productions, or easy productions, then A1 is the way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Albion One is more geared to "easy production", whereas BBC is a Full Orchestra.  If you want
to get into Orchestration, BBC is the way to go.  If you just want to add Orchestral elements to 
current productions, or easy productions, then A1 is the way

Thanks.  Sounds like I might get more use from A1. Is A1 at $200 a smart buy versus other stuff out there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee D said:

Thanks.  Sounds like I might get more use from A1. Is A1 at $200 a smart buy versus other stuff out there?

A1 gets RAVE reviews....as does BBC, but again, two different birds.
It's not very likely you'll ever get more than 50% off of A1 or BBC.  It's possible, but
if Spitfire follow tradition, not likely

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee D said:

Need some advice, never bought an orchestral library before.  I dabble in pop, techno, rock, and orchestration seems pretty interesting.  Would I be better off in getting Albion One or BBC Core? 

AlbionONE is terrific. Do check out the video walkthrus that they have for it -- they cover the whole library in detail, and it really helps get a taste of what it offers. It's not just a symphonic collection, it's also got lots of stuff for hybrid, synth-based and other kinds of music.

This is the Orchestra walkthru - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeofqKnnPcg

There are a ton of others, all worth watching.

2 hours ago, Lee D said:

Maybe this will help.  It compares the three and is quite informative.  Me?  I have a hankering for Abbey Road 1.  I already have plenty of synths, and the loops in Albion may be of use, but you know what the purists say about people that use loops.😉

Edited by Jesse Screed

Does anyone here own SPITFIRE SOLO CELLO that can share your opinions and insights on the library's strengths and weaknesses? I'm looking for an extensively sampled solo cello with intuitive scripting and more of a dry character for use in rock productions. The demos and videos all have a good deal of reverb on the cello or it could be the room. I'd be grateful if anyone could clarify. Thanks. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Barrie said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Olafur Arnalds Stratus? It seems so nice, but also wondering how practical it is for writing music.

I'm was wondering this myself. I have it on my wishlist since forever. I watched an extensive demo yesterday, and after a while it all sounded a bit the same to me. It still sounds great and the idea is great, but going with de demos, I didn't think it justified the price. Even at 50%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Barrie said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Olafur Arnalds Stratus? It seems so nice, but also wondering how practical it is for writing music.

I have it. Couldn’t  figure it out with about 30 minutes if experimenting. I have hopes for it but need to spend more time with it to say with confidence if it’s worth the expense to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

I have it. Couldn’t  figure it out with about 30 minutes if experimenting. I have hopes for it but need to spend more time with it to say with confidence if it’s worth the expense to me. 

Ditto. 

• Thanks 1