Two strange things

1- yesterday I've update my windows 11

And then cakewalk  became unstable, even when I want to export .. it crashes

A few days ago, I created a new topic about crashing, but no one paid attention to me

Cakewalk crashes are Unbearable and there is no mini-dump that I want to send to cakewalk

please consider it

2-Another strange thing about cakewalk

That is, in audio tracks, the amount of hiss noise  in cakewalk  was more than in other daws

For example, my guitar and pedal board are connected to the sound card

And in equal conditions .. the amount of hiss that is produced in the cakewalk is        - 52db

But in cubase and Studio One  - 56db

And now consider if we have several  audio tracks .. The total hiss production noise will be much more

Edited by user6808463577169165

There's something up with either your machine or audio interface - Cakewalk, or any other DAW for that matter, shouldn't produce *any* hiss at all from just a plain audio track, especially at that level. That would be a deal-breaker in any pro environment. Streaming the audio through a plugin could do it, but in that case it's the plugin, not the DAW.

What soundcard interface and driver model are you using?

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, user6808463577169165 said:

1- yesterday I've update my windows 11

And then cakewalk  became unstable, even when I want to export .. it crashes

A few days ago, I created a new topic about crashing, but no one paid attention to me

Cakewalk crashes are Unbearable and there is no mini-dump that I want to send to cakewalk

please consider it

If everything worked fine before and the only thing that changed was the Windows update, then it must be the update.

21 hours ago, user6808463577169165 said:

2-Another strange thing about cakewalk

That is, in audio tracks, the amount of hiss noise  in cakewalk  was more than in other daws

For example, my guitar and pedal board are connected to the sound card

And in equal conditions .. the amount of hiss that is produced in the cakewalk is        - 52db

And now consider if we have several  audio tracks .. The total hiss production noise will be much more

Impossible. Cakewalk - or any other DAW for that matter - doesn't create any sound on it's own; it only reproduces what is put into it

@bdickens@Lord Tim @reginaldStjohn

The hiss noise problem is related to gain knob on soundcard

I realize in equal situation( with knob gain ex. in 12 clock).. Cakewalk produce more gain than cubase and studio one... So its not big deal and I should reduce gain knob

But for crashes problem its not only affect of windows update... ( maybe the update just  intensified it)   

I've been having a crash problem for at least a month ... especially when I make changes in prefrence

For example, I was recording a guitar right now and I wanted to select the sound on sound option in the record  method .. which after selecting it .. Daw crashed ...

I tried several times, but the crashes still continue,

And I desperately left the studio and came out

And of course,it is not just related to the record method ... the whole part of the prefrence crashes by making a change ...

Edited by user6808463577169165

On 3/22/2022 at 8:50 AM, user6808463577169165 said:

the amount of hiss that is produced in the cakewalk is        - 52db

This is expected seeing that when setting up Mono tracks Cakewalk it adds a gain of +3dB. There has been a multiple debates on this issue across the forum, unlike with pan setting that has the 0 balance control. When switching a stereo track/insert to mono in CbB, it takes both the L&R channels and collapse it into a mono output track that adds this +3 extra dB in gain that you're experiencing - in fact: Kudos for noticing that. So the next time you record in mono you can compensate for this, by dialling back the gain knob on your interface mic/guitar input while you're checking the levels on the meter, to keep your noise floor in check.