Adagio Basses

cclarry

The Adagio series was recorded in a lush church environment and contains three main groups of master Bassists; Full Ensemble (4 Players), Small Ensemble or Chamber (2 Players) and a Solo Virtuoso (1 Player). Each section was recorded in incredible detail; we sampled a huge range of articulations including 5 unique legato types, extensive short notes & a range of sordino (muted) options.

$48
https://8dio.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=79593703664584d15c9d5e3cd&id=416db57ce8&e=48c5d3390b

Just FYI: Folks who already own the original Adagio strings, and have paid for at least one of these upgraded versions should probably have a second email in their inbox offering them a personalized code to get the additional upgrades for free.  I paid for the first set (Violins), but the rest have all been free. I almost missed those emails when they came in, as they sent me both the $48 one and the free upgrade one. 

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Got a 2nd email but mine aren't free (probably because I got them on sale?) but are available for $28.

I bought the Violins for $28, and now I'm getting the rest for free. The emails for the free updates all say:

"The recently reworked Adagio volumes include several new features and polished articulations, as you have already purchased the Violin update, the Violas, Cellos & Basses will be available to you for free!"

Not sure if that was a one time thing or if folks can still get this particular deal...

Hm, strange. I had the Adagio Violas v1 and got an offer some two weeks ago to update to Adagio Violas v2 for $28 which I did. But if I now put any of the other Adagio instruments in the cart it shows the normal $48 deal for each, so it’s not even $28 and definitely not free. Unless there’s some coupon code involved they haven’t sent me?

They clearly don’t like me at 8dio. :)

I think they are only free if you own Anthology Strings and bought one of the four volumes (for $8 with a coupon you can get from 8dio).  I sent them a support ticket when the Violins came out, they sent me the coupon and I've gotten a coupon for each release to get it for free.  If you own Anthology Strings and want these send them a ticket, you should be able to get the entire collection for $8.

But if you don't own Anthology Strings just the earlier Adagio products they are doing the $28 coupon, but that's for each volume (you should have gotten coupons for each one you own).

Yes, it's crazy complicated.

• Thanks 1

No, I don’t have Anthology so I guess that’s the problem. Though I do have the full Agitato series (which Troels in a recent vlog says actually was kind of Adagio v2) so I don’t know how much more I’m willing to spend on something that probably doesn’t add that much to what I’ve already got. Definitely not the regular price of $98/lib., not even the current discounted price of $48/lib. I might possibly have stretched to $28/lib, but that would be as far as I would go. Guess I’ll have to wait for some crazy deal in a BF or two, if I still feel the urge at that time.

And yes, crazy complicated  indeed.

I got Anthology during some Xmas special they ran, but to be honest I don't think I've ever used it for anything other than tests.  These separate versions don't seem all that different.  I think they improved some things but it's all kind of minor.  Stuff I'd never notice.  They did do an update to Anthology strings, version 1.2, you have to open a support ticket to get it.  Not sure what changed in that either.  For $8 I figured I'd be foolish not to also get these, but right now they are mostly just a waste of disc space.

If I had no string libraries and a full copy of Kontakt and wanted some Violins or Cellos for pop/rock type stuff I think these at $48 are great deals.  But if you need the full strings section and are looking at $192, I'm not so sure this is the package you want. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I think they are only free if you own Anthology Strings and bought one of the four volumes (for $8 with a coupon you can get from 8dio).  I sent them a support ticket when the Violins came out, they sent me the coupon and I've gotten a coupon for each release to get it for free.  If you own Anthology Strings and want these send them a ticket, you should be able to get the entire collection for $8.

But if you don't own Anthology Strings just the earlier Adagio products they are doing the $28 coupon, but that's for each volume (you should have gotten coupons for each one you own).

Yes, it's crazy complicated.

Actually, that is correct - I paid $8 for Violins via a coupon code, rather than $28. I had forgotten about that. I own the original Adagio and Anthology Strings, so I guess that's why. 

To my ears these updated Adagio libraries sound a bit smoother and a bit cleaner than the Anthology Strings (although I think they are all based on the exact same sample set), and the Legato patches are really legato -- the slurs are prominent and dramatic, especially the Legato I articulation.

I use the Anthology Strings legato patches on a daily basis as part of my template (I break them out by section using the section mixer in the GUI), and I see these Adagio updates as sort of a subtlety different color variation to Anthology -- which could be handy. 

I'm not sure I'd pay $48 each for them, to be honest, but $8 for all four works just fine and I can see me slotting them into a project every now and then, when I need some seriously over-the-top string melodies. 

Edited by Amicus717