Audio Book recording

New to cakewalk software, reasonably novice with computer. I have Downloaded cakewalk software correctly, I believe.  I can get to the recording screen OK, but cannot figure out how to start/stop/start/stop, etc. as I work my way thru the reading paragraphs. I want to do this BERFORE saving to the line below.

The Space bar starts playback, and stops both playback and recording.  The "R" key records.  So if you're going through line by line, simply press "R" to record, space bar to stop, then "R" to continue recording.

You probably want to uncheck "On Stop, Rewind to Now Marker", so the now time marker stays where it is when you stop.

image.png.2f3f0170c9b3b4f7ff02ab327aed3249.png

You can also punch in recording during playback by starting playback using spacebar to listen to what you've done before, and punch-in recording by pressing "R" at the appropriate moment.

R=Record

W=Rewind to start

Space bar=Start stop transport 

CTRL W will toggle the space bar between stop in place and return to where you started. This is handy for redoing parts in the middle of a project. 

ALT/mouse scroll = zoom in or out which I also use a lot to find stuff. 

All the keyboard shortcuts are listed if you look in the help menu found on the menu bar. 

If you’re new to Cakewalk I highly recommend you take a little time to watch the videos to learn the basics    Mine are in sequence  

16 hours ago, RockHillWill said:

New to cakewalk software, reasonably novice with computer. I have Downloaded cakewalk software correctly, I believe.  I can get to the recording screen OK, but cannot figure out how to start/stop/start/stop, etc. as I work my way thru the reading paragraphs. I want to do this BERFORE saving to the line below.

This would be covered in the documentation.