Strange behaviour with Perfect Space following upgrade to Win10 1903

Hi all

I've recently updated to Win10 1903 and an odd thing has happened. Perfect Space , which I use for historical reasons to play certain impulses, will no longer allow me to access a path to my impulse collection. I can still load old tracks and adjust parameters etc but attempting to select a path either through the small box top left or the help option causes the plugin to crash.

This is not the case on my laptop which has not been updated to 1903.

Is anyone else seeing such behavior and are their any suggestions as to how this can be fixed?

Many thanks for any advice
David

Sonar Pro, RME, Coffee Lake, 32 Gig etc

What is the path to your impulse collections ?

Is it in a mapped drive location or protected location?

My locally mapped drives always disconnect after an upgrade, so I have to reconnect them.

Exceptions to allow access to protected locations *may* have to be re-applied as well. Windows upgrades quite often mess with settings.

Edited by msmcleod

Thanks msmcleod

I'm not on a network and the drive is not deliberately protected. Nor have I not seen this with previous updates either ?

What is odd is that I can load older tracks and Perfect Space pulls the impulses in just fine. It's only when I attempt to access the path to change impulses that it crashes.

David

The default directory for PerfectSpace is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins\Perfect Space

This is a protected directory, in that you need admin access to write to it. Reading from it should be fine in most cases, but some plugins still need elevated access.

I've turned off UAC for:

• BitBridge ( "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\BitBridge.exe" ),
  • Cakewalk ( "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe"), and
  • JBridge (""C:\Program Files\JBridge\auxhost64.exe" and "C:\Program Files\JBridge\auxhost.exe")

I did a post on this in the old forum:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Tip-Turning-off-UAC-on-a-perapplication-basis-m3797461.aspx

Still on Win10 1809 here. Just loaded the plug-in for the first time in years. Seems to work OK. I stopped using it when I transitioned to 64bit in 2011.

I believe the path to the impulses is stored in LastImpulseFolder under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Shared Plugins\Perfect Space and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Shared Plugins\Perfect Space maybe something went wrong with those entries.

That said, it not too late to consider using a different IR Reverb. One that is still in production and supported by the manufacturer. Perfect Space has not been updated almost 8 years. MConvolutionEZ is part of the MFreeFXBundle, as the name indicates, the plug-ins are free.

Could try adding the entries into the registry. They both look the same. Here is the entry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Shared Plugins\Perfect Space

gOpfsm2.png

Still - may be a good time to look for a replacement plug-in. Of course, the PS IRs should load in any IR reverb that supports regular wav files. The MConvolutionEZ does.