Track View: Can you jump to a Track Number?

Syphus

Question

I want to be able to jump to a designated track number via  a command such as the "G" (for time movement - now time).

I already know that <shift>+ <home>  or <shift>+ <end> will get me to the first or last track.   Lets say that I have 80 tracks and want to jump to track 52, is there a method to do this.  I looked and did not see a "Go To Track" command (such as "G" for time).

If there is not a control like that does anyone think it would be helpful to their workflow?  I find that it is kinda curious that here might not be such a command.

Thanks,

Syphus

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

Apparently not according to some older threads on the topic. The only solution recommended was a Control surface. 

Thanks John - I had not taken the time to search because I was doing some work and the question popped into my head.   I do own a Control surface, but the project I was working on, I never use the control surface with it.  Never the less, thanks for answering my question.

I will seek out those older threads and see what they were talking about back then . . .

Thanks,

Syphus