console view

That's the diminished Track View. Double-click the Console View Multidock TAB for full height.

You can also dock the Inspector & Browser "under" the Multidock so it disappears in Console View.

You can also remove the Console View into it's own window if you have 2 monitors.

Edited by sjoens

The inspector cannot go in the multidock. It may be attached to either side of the track view or float.

The browser and synth rack view default to opening in a separate container similar to the inspector but in addition to floating, these views may be moved to the multidock. 

The docking options for all of the above are in the down arrow menu at the top of each component.

When it comes to managing the size of views in the multidock, my guess is many use the shortcuts

• D - to expand/collapse the multidock and
  • SHIFT+D - to maximize/restore the mutlidock

• Like 1

This video explains all the options for Cakewalks skylight interface, hide show, resize etc. 

I used to struggle with this stuff too Now I have no problem making it the way I want with just a few keystrokes. You other friend is to use workspaces once you have a view set up to your liking 

Edited by John Vere

John beat me to it. But to clarify, I said "under", not "in" Multidock. 

multidock.thumb.gif.8019e84dc9ce063628dbaed643d5449e.gif

The 2nd tab at the top of the forum "Cakewalk by BandLab" has links to documentation and the PDF manual.

Edited by sjoens