Simon's Song

garybrun

Would have to agree with Steve on the accordion, that sounds really sweet. I kept waiting for the vocal!! For the drums they could use a little clarity. Just a little. Cause they sitting well right now with the squeeze box.

i haven’t done anything much with the drums...  i have been pulling my hair out for days trying to fix the accordion...  just couldn’t get it.  Then up pops Spak with a solution.   I just couldn’t see the wood for the trees!! I was doubting my room and my monitors.  Also I’m a sucker for technology and try all the latest stuff.  The Izotope stuff was saying my mix was correct but my ears where telling me it was not.

This is one of not so many times I have been stuck trying for a sound and was drawing a blank all the time.  The drums won’t be a problem...  i just needed to nail the accordion.   I think this is the only mix I have been frustrated with.  tried over and over again...  but just couldn’t get that blooming squeeze box sorted.

Thanks for the encouragement ... this is what I love about this site.

This is a heck of a good story coming from a 19 YO!  Lots of advice above -- so, I have nothing else concerning the mix to add.  It certainly does not sound bad!  It is your song and you must be satisfied with what it sounds like.  Once you get it where you want it -- you will know it.  From my perspective it sounds pretty good already.

49 minutes ago, SPAK said:

Thanks for the trip Garry .. and in my very humble opinion I think it sounds right now, squeeze box, drums and vocal .. but most of all it's a great song 10/10 man 👌

Steve

I couldn’t have done it without you Steve.. cheers mate.

i still think it can me tuned quite a bit more...  but I think I am nearly there.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on mix and arrangements ideas.  Hope you can see I have listened and put them to good use.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, garybrun said:

I couldn’t have done it without you Steve.. cheers mate.

i still think it can me tuned quite a bit more...  but I think I am nearly there.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on mix and arrangements ideas.  Hope you can see I have listened and put them to good use.

Praise indeed ... 👌9_9