New Izotope Neutron 3 SALE

Ciodontrax

Could someone elaborate on a typically usage of Neutron in a project? Is it a case of putting an instance on each track/bus and using Neutron's built in modules? If so, does that mean that it becomes impractical to use other 3rd party effects (e.g. EQ/compressors)?

You can use just Neutron on a track or bus, or you can
use Neutron in combination with 3rd party plugins, etc...
There are no "rules".   It's all dependent on what you are
trying to achieve.  But you could probably just get by
with Neutron.  Watch some of the videos to get a good
idea of what it's capable of!

Been using Neutron2 for alot of what I have been doing recently.  The price at JRRshop was great compared to what I could get directly through Izotope.  I must say that in the past when I wanted to look at an upgrade/addition, I would email the Izotope team and often get a nice discount directly through them.  

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

Does the N3A demo overwrite existing NA or does it install separately? When I got NA I had issues with the installation and had to get workaround from Izotope to solve the problem - can't remember the details now, something to do with vst2 and vst3 conflicts I think - don't wan't to go there again.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Does the N3A demo overwrite existing NA or does it install separately? When I got NA I had issues with the installation and had to get workaround from Izotope to solve the problem - can't remember the details now, something to do with vst2 and vst3 conflicts I think - don't wan't to go there again.

the N3 install leaves the existing N2 in place  - some of the plugins are the same so I'm not sure if a uninstall of N3 would remove these, you could take a snapshot of your plugin directories first ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, simon said:

the N3 install leaves the existing N2 in place  - some of the plugins are the same so I'm not sure if a uninstall of N3 would remove these, you could take a snapshot of your plugin directories first ?

Thanks for the info. 

Kudos to Izotope - this is a new way to get you to try their products.  I have Neutron  Advanced but haven't ponied up for other Izotope products. I've been curious about the Visual Mixer and the Tonal Balance Control - now if they'd just give TB away. ;)

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:40 AM, cclarry said:

If you have MPS2 it's best to upgrade to MPS 2.1 for
$83.16 with code group which will get you Neutron 3 for less than buying the upgrade
from 2 to 3, which I don't even see...there is from Neutron to 3
https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-music-production-suite-upgrade-mps

You are absolutely right Larry although I sold MPB2 a while back and also didn't upgrade to MPS.

As I mainly use O8A and N2A I thought I would just upgrade those but the difference now in upgrading to MPS 2.1 versus  N3A is only around 100 GBP (JRR works out cheapest). 

Am I right in saying that, as I already have full versions of O8A and N2A, I could sell those on after upgrading to MPS 2.1 as this comes with new licenses for O8A and N3A anyway? There are quite a few other iZotope products in my account which I never use and could also be sold to effectively pay for the MPS 2.1 upgrade.  I also noticed here that MPS 2.1 comes with Melodyne Essentials so there's a small amount to recoup from resale of that.

31 minutes ago, mibby said:

Kudos to Izotope - this is a new way to get you to try their products.  I have Neutron  Advanced but haven't ponied up for other Izotope products. I've been curious about the Visual Mixer and the Tonal Balance Control - now if they'd just give TB away. ;)

Hey mibby, I find Tonal Balance Control so useful that it is now in my default template on the Master Bus.  I also tried it out retrospectively on a few old recordings and was able to greatly improve some mixes where it identified deficiencies that my ears couldn't.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I already have full versions of O8A and N2A, I could sell those on after upgrading to MPS 2.1 as this comes with new licenses for O8A and N3A anyway?

I'll give you a qualified "yes" because when I got Neutron Advanced, I asked Izotope about selling my Neutron elements since it showed up as a separate license and they had no problem with it. That was a while ago, so things may have changed since with all the new versions.

• Thanks 1

I just downloaded and messed about with Visual Mixer and Relay and I haven't tried them on anything else, but for mixing backing vocals, I think I am always going to use this.

It's one of those "how could someone not have come out with such a thing 10 years earlier?" things, and I know iZotope has had it around for a while.

This is a great promo.

The moment my budget increased for plug-ins would be the moment I would plunk down the money for the full iZotope enchilda special (and maybe a Melda bundle). I think their plug-ins sound great, and their UI's are my favorite in the business. As far as the suites go, their presets and wizards have provided me with good benchmarks and starting off points. They're maybe not what I stay with by the time the mix is finished, but they're so nice for throwing up a rough mix after a few hours of tracking.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 3:14 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I just downloaded and messed about with Visual Mixer and Relay

What is this Relay used for? I see it comes only with Neutron versions higher that the Elements. Couldn't find any description. Thx

Think I found it:

"Visual Mixer includes the Relay plug-in, allowing you to adjust level, pan, and stereo width from within Visual Mixer or directly from the tracks themselves. Integrated compatibilty with Neutron 3, VocalSynth 2, and Insight 2 enables your iZotope plug-ins to communicate across your entire session, so you can now easily bring large numbers of tracks into perfect balance."

Doesn't integrate with Neutron Elements though.

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

What is this Relay used for?

You put instances of it on each track you want to manage with the Visual Mixer, then those tracks appear on the grid in the Visual Mixer. I think it's used for other things if you have higher versions of the iZotope Suites, but that's the most basic.

Was wondering if I'd have any use of the Relay plugin if I have only Elements, but then realized it does a job for the Visual Mixer also.

Do you think it's worth getting the Visual Mixer alone (without any higher iZotope's suite)? From what I read it could be handy when mixing background vocals, maybe even the whole band, but it does nothing more than what you can do in every DAW, so wondering if it really does speed up work or is just a fancy gadget?