FX included?

2 hours ago, scook said:

Melodyne trial is now V5 (which no longer provides free audio to MIDI and tempo detection after the trial expires

This is interesting. I wonder if Cakewalk updates will overwrite version 4 if installed?  Sort of doubt it.

I have a licensed  v5 on 2 computers but my laptop is strictly all free software including Cakewalk. Not that I do much other than live recordings but it’s nice to have the audio to midi. 
I guess some in  of my tutorials I mention that this feature is included. Now that info is wrong. This keeps happening to me. 

Edited by John Vere

4 minutes ago, John Vere said:

This is interesting. I wonder if Cakewalk updates will overwrite version 4 if installed?  Sort of doubt it.

Melodyne is a separate installer.

It is not part of the full or update core installers.

I was just thinking that after I posted. They would lose control if they didn't Otherwise if like me I keep all my old Cakewalk installers backed up and I was thinking a person could install M4 with those but I guess not. No problem for me but it's now really not a feature for many. I must have 5 or more tutorials that demonstrate Audio to midi and Tempo exctraction. Melodyne is only $99 for the Essential version. Then there's upgrades offered on Black Friday every year.