Paste command crashes

John Balich

Question

Every time i copy an audio track..............................("Copy Special:) and THEN "paste special" The computer freezes and the program  must be shutdown. Any one have an idea? 
Here's the sequence: (1) freeze a midi track. (the audio Appears on  "Kontakt" track" )...........(2) copy special this track:  (3) paste this to an audio track. ...........
Program freezes.  To explain, i am trying to end up with all audio tracks so i can mix.  Should i complete mix and THEN freeze ALL tracks at once?

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, John Balich said:

Every time i copy an audio track..............................("Copy Special:) and THEN "paste special" The computer freezes and the program  must be shutdown. Any one have an idea? 
Here's the sequence: (1) freeze a midi track. (the audio Appears on  "Kontakt" track" )...........(2) copy special this track:  (3) paste this to an audio track. ...........
Program freezes.  To explain, i am trying to end up with all audio tracks so i can mix.  Should i complete mix and THEN freeze ALL tracks at once?

Are you definitely on the latest version ( 2022.02 build 39 ) ?

This was previously an issue in the 2021.12 release.

I have 28.02.0.39....

I think i have a work around to convert my midi to audio . (1) freeze track. it appears as a track in "kontakt} folder in track view.  (3) BOUNCE the track from cakewalk KONTAKT folder to an empty audio track. (4) wipe kontakt folder track to prepare for next track to bounce.

How do you  guys convert midi  to audio?

There is no need to freeze and bounce.

Freeze is an in-place bounce+archive+disconnect synth

So, to get the same result as a freeze but into a new track

• Select the instrument or audio track associated with the synth
  • From the Tracks menu in the Track View select Bounce to Tracks(s)...
  • Archive the instrument or MIDI track (the A button next to the Freeze snowflake in the track header)
  • Using the synth rack view, click on the synth and disable "Synth Connected" from the synth settings menu "D" in the image below

Browser.11.1.png

This is the old school method predating freeze.

2022-03-20.thumb.png.cc72c2f556edcc1b0e61db17f329c4a5.pngTo be clear...let's back up...........I am trying to obtain an audio file from a midi track. When i go to track view, select a midi track, select "
bounce to tracks" i get a message   "that there is no audio data in the selected track" and therefore no bounce is possible>

not trying to be dense here, but still unclear......................what method do you guys use to render an audio track from a midi track?

1 minute ago, John Balich said:

I am trying to obtain an audio file from a midi track. When i go to track view, select a midi track, select "
bounce to tracks" i get a message   "that there is no audio data in the selected track" and therefore no bounce is possible>

This is correct.

Bounce to Track(s) can only use tracks that may contain audio as a source. So, to bounce a soft synth,  

14 hours ago, scook said:

Select the instrument or audio track associated with the synth

not the MIDI track.