Targeted offer?: Spitfire Audio - Free Gift Card Offer – Ends Soon

Bad Penguin

Received e-mail from Spitfire Audio.

Again, sorry if this has already been posted, took a quick look and I didn't see it. In which case, I guess this post is just a reminder.

I don't have any of the $29 libraries. Suggestions/recommendations on which two to get (one for $29 + free $10 gift card; the second for $19 using the $10 giftcard)?

Receive a Free $10 Gift Card With Any Originals or SA Collaboration

Ending Soon

Receive a Free $10 Gift Card With Any Originals or SA Collaboration

Now is the perfect moment to welcome a new Originals or SA Recordings collaboration into your sound world. For a limited time, receive a free $10 gift card when you buy any $29 library, including the latest collaborations with Gaika and Abe Laboriel Jr.

• Thanks 1

My only advice to anyone thinking of picking these up is make sure you can run them on your DAW. 

Spitfire Original and SA libraries need a lot of RAM and decent CPU. 

I was running Spitfire libraries on an i5 with 8GB RAM until recently, and I vowed not to buy another until I updated my system to a bare minimum of  i7 with 16GB. They would often have drop outs, notes not detected, or irregular detection. Now I'm on a more powerful system they work well.

Also, read up carefully on the vst3 issue with CbB. These older libraries have a known issue with CbB not running the vst3. There is a work around suggested by Spitfire which involves deleting the vst3 versions and only running the vst2. Keep in mind that many of these libraries are older and not likely to be updated going forward, so be aware of this issue before buying if you are a CbB user (and if you're not, what the hell are you doing on this board? 😅).

@Bad Penguin thanks!
I missed seeing the email yesterday.

Edit: Ah... 
Fine print.  You received gift card up on a purchase.
Promotion ends midnight March 31, 2022. Gift cards are valid until midnight August 31, 2022.
Look like it is being advertised on their website so presumably open to all.

So maybe not as sexy as a $10 off upon a purchase, still nice.

Edited by TheSteven

14 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

My only advice to anyone thinking of picking these up is make sure you can run them on your DAW. 

Spitfire Original and SA libraries need a lot of RAM and decent CPU. 

I was running Spitfire libraries on an i5 with 8GB RAM until recently, and I vowed not to buy another until I updated my system to a bare minimum of  i7 with 16GB. They would often have drop outs, notes not detected, or irregular detection. Now I'm on a more powerful system they work well.

Also, read up carefully on the vst3 issue with CbB. These older libraries have a known issue with CbB not running the vst3. There is a work around suggested by Spitfire which involves deleting the vst3 versions and only running the vst2. Keep in mind that many of these libraries are older and not likely to be updated going forward, so be aware of this issue before buying if you are a CbB user (and if you're not, what the hell are you doing on this board? 😅).

It seems vst3 for virtual instruments have issues.  Sylenth will never be a vst3.