First Song With Cakewalk!

SynthManDan

My fist project with Cakewalk.  It's nothing special, just threw some tracks together.  This is more of a practice piece for me to familiarize myself with Cakewalks UI.  I used several included VST's.  The drum track was a preset loop that I made some edits too, and added a quick intro.  Other VST's used were Xpand!2, SI EPiano, SoniVox Classic Bass.  I initially wanted to do a project using only what comes with Cakewalk, but theTTS-1 doesn't work properly for me (even after the program reinstall), so I used Xpand!2 in place of it.  I hope the mix came out ok.  I used Behringer Desktop Monitor Speakers.   Be gentle..., it's a first mix.., really rough.  I need to EQ the Electric Piano.  The SI EPiano is nice, but it can get a little muddy on the bottom end.

Edited by SynthManDan

7 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

this is very nice

If you want to have me add some vocals to this

just let me know

though it might be your first cakewalk production

something tells me this is not your first rodeo

am i right?

Thanks!  This is a rough mix I put together as a practice piece for learning Cakewalks UI.  I’m still going to tinker with it as it’s still pretty rough around the edges.

Nope, not my first rodeo.  Been playing for almost 40 years now.

Thx everyone.., I find doing compositions like this are a great way to learn a DAW.  Laying the tracks was the easy part, took only a few minutes.  95% of the time spent on this was used to get familiar with the piano roll, effects, and other editing options.  I did learn my Behringer monitors suck after listening to the comp through other sources after the final mix LOL.  They completely hid the muddy part of the EP track.

SMD

Edited by SynthManDan
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well, I'm coming to this thread rather late, having found it from a search I was doing, but I just had to comment. I really, really like this piece. It should be longer! I just visited your SoundCloud page and found that this is the only piece of yours up there. You need to write more stuff, Dan.

I haven't used any of the instrumentation that you used, but you've wakened me to it, so now I'm gonna have to go check it out because I like the sounds you were getting. Probably my only critique is it could use some post-production punch, like what BT Brickwall can add, without bumping the mix into the red.