25% Off Band In A Box

cclarry

This was a program that I had to really get down and RTFM. And not just once, quite a few times. But man was it worth it! The results that I have gotten from this and the Real Tracks/Real Drums really have surprised me. Working on a song right now that the only thing I really need to do with it is the vocals and some fill lead here and there.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ryan99 said:

What is the recommended package to get?

Grem has a very important point... Until you actually get your feet wet, understand it, and use it, the Pro version will give you the functionality of everything, plus the DAW plugin. You can always upgrade later and even create your own presets, so until you get to the point that you want more, the Pro version will give you enough material to play with to learn what the program can (and cannot) do.

• Like 1

Get the highest package you can afford as purchasing extra RealTracks later is a pricey way of doing it.

I've got the MegaPak which is more than enough for my needs, they have good upgrade sales around December when the new versions come out.

Again the best way is try out the 30 day money back guarantee.

Remember BIAB tends to lean on the Jazz side of music, not saying that other genres are not catered for but worth keeping in mind when purchasing.   

• Thanks 1

If you are going to get it, and just can't swing the full package, get one of the smaller packages and then WAIT till the sales come around at the end of the year to get in on a larger package. They sometimes have sales through out the year on the add-on packs too.

I worked my way up to the Everything Pack. I forget what they call it now.

24 minutes ago, Grem said:

I worked my way up to the Everything Pack. I forget what they call it now.

That's also what I did (see link above for more information).

PG Music told me the current equivalent to the old EverythingPak is called UltraPak+ (see link to the old forum above) but as stated the cheapest time to buy is during their end of year sale.

• Like 1

Like @Brian Cadoret, I also went with the MegaPack when I bought it.

What I would say though, is that BIAB has lots of "middle of the road" styles, so don't expect too much in the way of niches.

If you're into country, country rock, blues or latin based jazz, then it's great. For other styles, it can be a bit limited out of the box.  In saying that, the RealTracks solos can be pretty impressive. And you can always create your own styles to build upon.

• Like 1

I used BIAB on two different songs for the guitar solos. Even the real guitar players on those collabs thought the solos it generated were more than adequate. Of course that meant I had to have the Real Tracks verson of BIAB. I too ratcheted my way up to Ultra+.

FWIW, I tend to skip every other year for the upgrades. I'm on 2019 now. 

• Like 1

I've skipped versions also. Just depends on what the new upgrade is all about.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

BIAB has lots of "middle of the road" styles, so don't expect too much in the way of niches.

Agreed. But it is workable if you got to go that way. But don't expect dead-on results!! It will be passable.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

you can always create your own styles to build upon.

This is my next mission with BiaB.

• Like 1