iZotope St. Patrick's Day sale

John Bradley

Got email today from iZotope giving me loyalty pricing for KOMPLETE 13 standalone for $199, regularly $599. (I own MPS 4.)

Suprprised no one mentioned this. Been trying to get in to the KOMPLETE world for years, but the entry price was always too steep. Think the best price I ever saw was $399 instead of $599.

Native Instruments proved time and time again that they didn't want my money.

iZotope knows how to offer "too good to skip" deals, at least on occasion, and has once again extracted money from me. And I couldn't be happier. No longer need I fear the phrase "requires full version of Kontakt"!

Deal lasts until March 31.

Edited by John Bradley
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been waffling back and forth between which bundle offer to get from the iZotope and NI deals that have been circulating recently.  Around Wednesday or so, I decided on just going with the Kontakt deal for $125. However, after seeing the email from yesterday, I have decided to go with the KOMPLETE 13 deal for $199.

I also was surprised to see that no one had posted about this offer as well, unless, I overlooked it. It's definitely a good deal for those of us that have been KOMPLETE holdouts up to this point.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

K13 Standard for $199 certainly does seem like a very good deal!!! Perhaps it means K14 is just around the corner (October?) ?

I was able to get K13 Standard for $300 ($100 for K13 Select + $200 upgrade to K13 Standard) during NI's 2021 Summer of Sound.

I would love to get me some MPS 4.1, but recent pricing has not been good enough to entice me . . . think I will just wait for K14 Ultimate to see which (if any) Izotope products may be included (maybe MPS 4.2/5.0?), then hang on for the next (June 2023?) SOS 50% sale.

Congrats to all who can get in on K13 Standard for $199!

• Like 2

Hey fellow travelers, long time no see.

Apologies for resurrecting this from the second page, but . . . I just got to know, I know everyone's different, and it depends on what you already got etc etc, but is this thing worth it? I think to myself 'you've gone this long without it' I could have got it at any time. I've looked through the contents etc, but I'm still at a loss.

Will it just sit in my collection collecting virtual dust? I know only time and myself can answer that.

Like is it's Synths, Piano's etc for example, so much better than everything else? is the included Bass Guitars so much better than Trilian, MODO BASS etc? the included Drums so much better than BFD, SD3?

I know there will be, is a lot of stuff in there I won't use, but then there's Kontakt, supposedly good, but then that will open another bottomless pit of potential acquisitions, which could be good or bad. Is the Kontakt stuff really that good? I mean the price you can get K13 is, as you know less than the price you can get Kontakt for.

Take into account I'm primarily a Guitarist, and I have owned Guitar Rig before, thought it was a steaming P.O.S and never used it, so it's not an attraction.

HELP

Agreed Guitar Rig isn't great in my book but I can't imagine being without Kontakt. It just has too many cool libraries. I also bought a Reaktor ensemble emulation of a JP 8080 recently, which I couldn't have done if I didn't own it. 

At 179 Komplete 13 is pretty much no brainer territory, even on the cusp of Komplete 14 later this year. 

The real value if you take the offer up is with  Komplete Ultimate though. It's cheaper at $404.10 with NERDS10 than it cost me to buy Komplete 12 (non ultimate) via the cheapest path in 2020 (more like 580). And it's cheaper than the upgrade to 13 Ultimate price NI are currently offering me (599)! Some of the extra Ultimate inclusions are really cool, higher grade items that I would really like to have.

That said you can take the chance that NI & Izotope will run similar offers after Komplete 14 and MPS 5 are released. It's hopefully not that long to wait. But maybe they won't run the offers again, or not until Komplete 15 and MPS 6 are on the cusp of releasing... 

Of course if the next version brings more scalable UIs you may be kicking yourself that you jumped in right now, lol. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

I know everyone's different, and it depends on what you already got etc etc, but is this thing worth it? I think to myself 'you've gone this long without it' I could have got it at any time.

Same boat. I put it off getting Kontakt all these years because I'm generally not that big on purely sampled instruments, and things like Prism and Alicia's Keys I had bought separately only needed the Player. But then I would occasionally see deals on interesting instruments that required Kontakt Full so I took the plunge getting it with a crossgrade deal from Morphestra last year.  And now I went for Komplete mostly to get all the other synths that - like Prism - aren't just sample players, but have some life and character to their sounds. The standard package includes all but 2 of the 16 that are in Ultimate.

But mostly I just have GAS this week. ;^)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Heath Row said:

Hey fellow travelers, long time no see.

Apologies for resurrecting this from the second page, but . . . I just got to know, I know everyone's different, and it depends on what you already got etc etc, but is this thing worth it? I think to myself 'you've gone this long without it' I could have got it at any time. I've looked through the contents etc, but I'm still at a loss.

Will it just sit in my collection collecting virtual dust? I know only time and myself can answer that.

Like is it's Synths, Piano's etc for example, so much better than everything else? is the included Bass Guitars so much better than Trilian, MODO BASS etc? the included Drums so much better than BFD, SD3?

I know there will be, is a lot of stuff in there I won't use, but then there's Kontakt, supposedly good, but then that will open another bottomless pit of potential acquisitions, which could be good or bad. Is the Kontakt stuff really that good? I mean the price you can get K13 is, as you know less than the price you can get Kontakt for.

Take into account I'm primarily a Guitarist, and I have owned Guitar Rig before, thought it was a steaming P.O.S and never used it, so it's not an attraction.

HELP

I already had the full Kontakt (crossgraded for 50% off at $124 a while back), and plenty of other keys, basses, guitars, & drums. Also have numerous FX such as Amplitube 5, T-RackS 5, Eventide, iZotope MPS 4.1, Kilohearts, Waves, etc.

So I justified this $179 Komplete 13 deal solely on gaining Absynth, FM8, Massive X, Noire, Reaktor 6, Session Horns, and Session Strings. May take a look at the Session Guitarists, but already have that covered with Orange Tree Samples for Kontakt. For example, full retail for Massive X is $199, Noire $149, Reaktor 6 $199, etc. Plus a number of Massive expansions are included that retail for $29 each.

I also installed all of the additional NI FX because they don't take up much space, and I was curious to see if any are better than any of the ones I have.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:38 AM, Toffo said:

If you didn't get the email, just log into your Izotope account on their website and select "My Loyalty Offers".

Just FYI, after you buy Komplete from iZotope, you will need to enter the provided activation code into your Native Access to activate and download your new NI products. They won't show up in the iZotope Product Portal. :)

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:09 AM, Heath Row said:

Depends how much top-quality stuff you already own, I suppose. I've got Modo Bass, and continue to use it. The basic Komplete 13 only comes with two basses, and I wasn't terribly impressed with them. Not that I'm terribly impressed with Modo Bass either, but I'm used to it.

Pianos: I've only got one of the Addictive Keys pianos and that Cakewalk 'Amber' thing, so the addition of all their piano libraries not named Alicia will probably be useful next time I need a piano.

Drums: Don't own BFD or SD3. Was considering buying SSD5.5 (only have the free demo) for $120, but probably won't because the included Studio Drummer seems to be NI's take on that sort of thing. Lots of pieces, lots of patterns, etc. Haven't actually played with it yet. But I've been pleased with both Battery 4 and Butch Vig Drums.

There's all the synths: Absynth, Massive, Super 8, Prism, Monark, Form, Rounds, FM8, and a bunch of other stuff that runs in Reaktor. Those are probably of the most interest to me. 

And I didn't own any of the big sampler packages, so Kontakt with it's 26GB library, plus a couple hundred GB of libraries included with KOMPLETE, well, that's bound to be of some use. And I get to play with all the "free, but requres full Kontakt" libraries, so that's a thing.

Agreed on Guitar Rig, though. Some nice presets, but clunky UI and a cpu-hog, so whatever. I'll keep using Axiom.

Anyway, I have no idea if it's that much better than similar top-tier offerings, but it's fairly industry-standard, and a huge pile of stuff for $200. Considering that I (like an idiot) spent $150 each on FM8 and Session Horns Pro back in the day, it's almost certainly one of the best value/cost VST things I've ever bought.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments. 👍

Been listening to and reading about a lot of stuff on the Komplete 13 pages and elsewhere. It is very nice, there's a LOT of nice sounding stuff in there. Like people have said it's a bit of a no brainer really for what you get, so there goes roughly $265AU, but I think it will be well worth it. I hope Kontakt doesn't turn in to a bottomless pit like I think it might, ah that's alright, just have to use restraint 😟

• Like 2