In Session Audio Updates Guitar Swells & Shimmer Shake Strike 1

cclarry

Upon the release of Kontakt & Kontakt Player 6.3, Native instruments made a change to how certain graphic elements are handled. In these instruments, this created an issue with instrument menu arrows not appearing or working correctly in some instances.

These updates correct those issues.

Owners of Guitar Swell can download the update from this page.

https://insessionaudio.com/products/guitar-swell/update/

Owners of Shimmer Shake Strike 1 can download the update from this page.

https://insessionaudio.com/products/shimmer-shake-strike/update/

Upon last week's release of Shimmer Shake Strike 2 we had reports from a few customers that they were either:

Unable to access the pop-up to enter their V1 code to purchase V2 at a discount.

Upon entering their V1 code they did not see V2 get added to the cart.

If this happened to you we're very sorry!

We believe we have identified and corrected the issue - so if you have been unable to purchase, please try now by:

Click here for Product Page

https://insessionaudio.com/products/shimmer-shake-strike-2/

Please note that if the issue persists, it is likely because your browser has cached the page and has not reloaded it with our webpage update. To get around this, you can do one of the following:

Empty your browser's cache then navigate back to the page.

Open a "Private" or "Incognito" browser window to navigate to the page.

Use a different browser.

Our apologies for the trouble! If you continue to experience any issues feel free to reply to this email and we will be happy to get it sorted out for you.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, fret_man said:

I wonder why their install process is so convoluted: open Kontakt, open Containing Folder, drag new files into the Sample folder.

Why bother going thru Kontakt? Just use Windows File Explorer.

I think they are trying to make it as fool proof as possible.  Remember that not everyone is on windows and that not everyone remembers where they installed it.

13 hours ago, simon said:

I think they are trying to make it as fool proof as possible.  Remember that not everyone is on windows and that not everyone remembers where they installed it.

It's not just that. A number of vendors install their product to the Windows Public/My Documents folder, a place I never remember to look. I've wasted too much time searching for installed content and not finding it. I always seem to forget to check the Public User folders. I couldn't find the install folder to do the update, then followed the video advice to use Kontakt, and voila, there it was. Sheesh. I HATE it when vendors use the Public User without asking me during the initial install process.

• Like 1

I have been experiencing some weirdness with SSS2, although I am enjoying it.

With all the new instruments, I thought maybe SSS2 might become my new go-to percussion library. But you can only load three instruments at a time, so that means multiple instances for a percussion-heavy composition. The first two instances worked fine, but when I added a third, some samples refused to play. I decided to load the third one into a new instance of Kontakt to see if that worked better (it did).

In the process, I decided to save a snapshot of the original SSS2 instance to accommodate the move. However, when I attempted to load the snapshot into the new instance, it did not appear on the list. In the original instance, I had "User" and "Factory" categories, but the "User" group did not show up anywhere else. I went on a hunt for the snapshot I'd saved, and yup, there it was under Public User. But because I had renamed the previous SSS2 instance (I called them Perc1, Perc2, and Perc3), the snapshot was saved under a subdirectory there named for the instance and consequently unavailable to any subsequent instance that wasn't named Perc3.

I use snapshots with other libraries without such confusion. They, however, just stash user-created snapshots with all the others by default. 

The only justification for using a LUA-approved folder location is that the sample library itself can then be made read-only. But who does that? 

4 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

With all the new instruments, I thought maybe SSS2 might become my new go-to percussion library. But you can only load three instruments at a time, so that means multiple instances for a percussion-heavy composition. The first two instances worked fine, but when I added a third, some samples refused to play. I decided to load the third one into a new instance of Kontakt to see if that worked better (it did).

did you report this to InSessionAudio ?

I did not, because a) I don't yet understand exactly what's happening, and b) it might turn out to be more of a Kontakt issue.

Loading three identical nki's into one instance of Kontakt isn't a normal scenario for me. Especially not nki's that are so heavily scripted as SSS2 is. Usually when I have a lot of instruments, they're all different nki's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

I did not, because a) I don't yet understand exactly what's happening, and b) it might turn out to be more of a Kontakt issue.

Loading three identical nki's into one instance of Kontakt isn't a normal scenario for me. Especially not nki's that are so heavily scripted as SSS2 is. Usually when I have a lot of instruments, they're all different nki's.

I can see why that could potentially lead to Kontakt confusion.