User customized Control surface support for MCP, please...

kzmaier

I would love to customize my X-Touch Compact when using Mackie Control Protocol  (MCP) for my work-flow.

Is it true you must run MCP to use motorized faders?

Azslow and others (McLeod) make custom dll's, which is very nice of them, but does this require compiling code?  What happens when Bandlab releases update, will this process break?  Is there a video showing how this works.  Is it customizable?

This control surface customization exists for basic midi and I have tried it with non-motorized fadars and was not happy with lack of fader control.  Since MCP is well defined couldn't Bandlab provide a mapping UI for user customization?  This would be the bees knees!!!

Thanks for listening and Thanks to Azslow and McLeod for their contributions!!!

Both Alexey's version of the MackieControl.dll and the one I did myself are based on the Cakewalk/SONAR's original MackieControl code which is hosted on GitHub. Both of our implementations are also on GitHub.

I've incorporated all of Alexey's changes into my version.

There's no need to compile them - just download and copy them over the original MackieControl.dll (or preferably rename your existing one to MackieControl.dll.bak and copy one of ours to the same directory).

As for updates, previously I had to re-copy my version on every update. I'm not sure this is still the case since the updates were streamlined.

Hopefully the Cakewalk guys will get around to incorporating our code into the stock version at some point to save you having to do this.

If you want more customisation, try out Alexey's AzController. This is like the generic surface controller on steroids and can cope with just about anything, including motorised faders, albeit with a steep learning curve.

Thanks Mark,

Also thanks to Alexey for his work in this area!  I hope Bandlab can give some love to this area.  I would like to re-voice this request.  I think with Cakewalks Pro-Channel and superior gain staging, an improvement in this area would go a long way in the  Cakewalk feature set.