VSL now iLok

kitekrazy

I converted all of my existing VSL licensed to iLok and have started downloading the libraries.
It was a very smooth process, and the new Vienna Download Manager is really nice.
You just have to remove your previous e-Licensor libraries and re-download them again through the new manager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Olong Johnson said:

This is great for anyone just getting into VSL. For someone like me with a 400GB  VSL library this is nothing but a chore having to redownload everything again. I'll be keeping the dongle.

The positive  side is their protection plan for broken elicenser is now gone.

I have 3 machines with all different VSL licenses.  Unfortunately I'm one iLok short.

Use to really did ilok but last move making me really re consider anything ilok for real ...

really curious about vsl stuff ,you guyz told me the echo system is powerfull and it s intreging me more and more ...

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I have no VSL products yet. I have only one computer, but I’m considering getting VE Pro 7.

Anyone has it? From my understanding, it’s possible to work on the same project on many DAW’s at the same time?

I have it, and currently use a two computer setup.

I built myself a brand new i9 uber-machine this past spring, and re-tasked my previous DAW as a VE Pro 7 server so that it could run some of the instruments in my orchestral template.

It's not a bad way to go, although I haven't found VE Pro to be seamless or completely stable.

When it works, it works really well. But I've had a few issues with my main DAW not being able to find or reconnect to the VE Pro server when I load up a project; the VE Pro server will occasionally start CPU spiking for no reason I can figure out and I have to close and reload the server instruments. Stuff like that.  There are work-arounds for it all, but it can be a bit annoying. 

But if you're running a big template of high-end libraries, it's nice to be able to offload some of the processing. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

FYI hang on to your eLicenser if you plan on opening any older projects. Once opened you can then save them to use with iLok,

@Yan Filiatrault VEP7 is typically  placed on your master computer to offload samples to servers. You can use it on only one computer & it will usually result in some efficiency.

SO you need too computer ? To take full advantage or is it optionnal ?

no latency bewteen both ?

Just now, Zo said:

SO you need too computer ? To take full advantage or is it optionnal ?

no latency bewteen both ?

I've seen demonstrations where a CPU-eating library will run more efficiently in VE Pro on the same computer, than within the DAW directly. I'll have to dig around YouTube and see if I can find it. 

As for latency, I don't find a noticeable difference between the libraries running on my main DAW and the ones running on the VE Pro server. Although I should mention that I tend to run things at a larger block size and higher latency simply because I use a pretty big template and I've gotten pretty used to playing with 11ms latency (and higher). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amicus717 said:

I've seen demonstrations where a CPU-eating library will run more efficiently in VE Pro on the same computer, than within the DAW directly. I'll have to dig around YouTube and see if I can find it. 

As for latency, I don't find a noticeable difference between the libraries running on my main DAW and the ones running on the VE Pro server. Although I should mention that I tend to run things at a larger block size and higher latency simply because I use a pretty big template and I've gotten pretty used to playing with 11ms latency (and higher). 

I think you right , i recal some saying that it wasmore efficient ....

giving your signature , i do think your main desktop should be more than enougth ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zo said:

I think you right , i recal some saying that it wasmore efficient ....

giving your signature , i do think your main desktop should be more than enougth ...

Oh yeah, my main machine is something of a beast :) It's great. But I've got a couple of orchestral templates that are HUGE, and it made sense to farm out some of the libraries.

Also, frankly it was fun to setup and experiment with. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, Simeon Amburgey said:

I converted all of my existing VSL licensed to iLok and have started downloading the libraries.
It was a very smooth process, and the new Vienna Download Manager is really nice.
You just have to remove your previous e-Licensor libraries and re-download them again through the new manager.

i seem to have to wait for mine.  The iLok registration codes are there but if you copy and paste them they don't work and not fill all of the spaces. Don't ditch that elicneser yet.

Edited by Paul Young